Welcome To aBlackWeb

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
Can neighborhoods, communities, and overall societies be safe without police?

I say yes. What about you?

If you think they can't be, why?

If you think they can be, how?

There's gotta be some kind of police. Ain't gotta be the state, cld be a community watch group doin the same job. Ppl will do all kindsa shit just knowin they can't be brought to task. There r criminals who sit dormant waiting for opportunities, that's y they loot shit when attention is elsewhere. Society with no police wld need a police alternative just to function.

1asign-native-americans-before-whites2.jpg

Black ppl use to police their own communities with their own ppl...The panthers did it...other black groups out of chi-town did it..

Shid truth be told the form of police was to catch slaves..

I think certain communities (ours) don't need them white policemen on our street.

Now on the other side of coin,

Today in 2017, We need policemen because of the condition we (blacks) are in...I'm just focusing on our community..

Yesterday back from 1865 down to around the 1980s sure, we didn't need cops. After the crack epidemic was pushed into our communities and the resources were taken out of our neighborhoods and communities, that's why we needed them...and why we still would need them..Until the resources come back to our communities, we got to have police...

I wish it was a way to setup where black police, only police black ppl and whites police, police in their white areas.

Having resource put back into our communities then we can get away from the policemen.

I believe we should be able to call a neighbor or someone of honor in the neighborhood/community to "enforce" a community or moral policy when it's violated.

There's too much inequality and desperation for there not to be police, if you remove police, the problems that cause the crime and police brutality don't magically disappear.

Human beings are natural creatures in a natural world. So why are we (human beings) the only living and sentient beings on our entire planet that police ourselves?

Why doesn't anything in wildlife police itself? Wouldn't something that's wild and left to its own will or its own natural state of being need the most policing?

we could easily police our own...

it would be awesome at first....
but it's only a matter of time before that becomes corrupt as well...

Human beings are natural creatures in a natural world. So why are we (human beings) the only living and sentient beings on our entire planet that police ourselves?

Why doesn't anything in wildlife police itself? Wouldn't something that's wild and left to its own will or its own natural state of being need the most policing?
animals police the fuck outta themselves....

you just get murked instead of going to jail......

mokey be beating eachother to death like every day b

animals police the fuck outta themselves....

you just get murked instead of going to jail......

mokey be beating eachother to death like every day b

There are ranks, rules, and actions to those violations, but none of those animals police themselves. When violations happen, it's handled individually or the entire "community" is involved in executing the judgement.

Kings/rulers/chiefs in the animal kingdom may roam or "patrol" their territory to make their presence know to strangers, but they're not out looking for "violators". When a violation is made known, the violator suffers immediate consequences, either resulting in that violator being exiled from their community, physically hurt or killed.

Violations in the animal community are dealt with accordingly.

Everyone may disagree but to me, it sounds like the vast majority of the responses in here have been basically saying "We need (white) people to tell us what to do" or "We would be killing each other if (white) people didn't intervene and save us from ourselves."

Correct me if I'm wrong...

HELL NAW!!

Don't get me wrong, i don't trust the po-leese. And the bad ones who make it hard for the good ones out there.

BUT...I trust society even less. You wanna get a glimpse of what a lawless society looks like, watch the The Walking Dead.

Take the zombie factor outta it and just focus on the people. This why they say "Fear the living, not the dead." Human beings are savages. More savage than any animal on this planet. So the only thing that really keeping things in check, is the laws.

You take that away, and it'll be total anarchy. The system is definitely not perfect, but it's better than having nothing at all.

Everyone may disagree but to me, it sounds like the vast majority of the responses in here have been basically saying "We need (white) people to tell us what to do" or "We would be killing each other if (white) people didn't intervene and save us from ourselves."

I wasn't even thinking about white people. We could have an all black neighborhood watch. Order isn't a white creation.

Nomad, can I ask what your thoughts on death as a punishment are? Not from the law but in general?

21mhq1c.gif

In this situation it's not about race. It's about the institution itself. Like I said, I have even less trust in society running smoothly w/o laws.

No laws or some form of government only means for the darkest side of humanity to be unleashed.

Naw, this has nothing to do with white people

This is basically an anti government village Mentality type thing...

The little person always feels their needs and desires are neglected when the decision making comes from someone who does not share the living conditions they are in,..

As far as law enforcement, it has nothing to do with color, but everything to do with the enforcing and governing bodies not having any common local interests with the public they police....

I still think police should only work in communities they live in... you just give more of a damn..

I wasn't even thinking about white people. We could have an all black neighborhood watch. Order isn't a white creation.

Nomad, can I ask what your thoughts on death as a punishment are? Not from the law but in general?
View attachment 1840

In this situation it's not about race. It's about the institution itself. Like I said, I have even less trust in society running smoothly w/o laws.

No laws or some form of government only means for the darkest side of humanity to be unleashed.

That's why I put white in parenthesis every time.

And it depends on the punishment but I look at the death for certain violations as a cleansing or a purging of the community. In other words, it's a necessity.

Back