Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can’t do that shhhh everywhere, Houston woman, Tierra Young Allen, detained in Dubai, charged with screaming in public

I'm not commenting on her yelling and the validity of the charge. Im talking about the idea she shoulda known it was illegal to do so. I agree you don't have to know every obscure law. Which is in an instance like this the whole "know the law" thing rings hollow. Shit there's a law in Phoenix that allows police to arrest someone for "dressing to attract attention". So basically if a person gets arrested for that there according to some they should've known not looking busted is a crime.

My point is that whether you know there is a law against yelling or not doesn't matter. Trying to shout your way through a disagreement isn't a good idea and probably not something you should do when traveling abroad.

Now if her side of the story is true and she was just responding to energy brought to her, I'd agree with what you're saying. However, if she was in Dubai trying to pull typical "Customer is always right" bullshit, her not knowing the law doesn't matter. She was being a fool.

My point is that whether you know there is a law against yelling or not doesn't matter. Trying to shout your way through a disagreement isn't a good idea and probably not something you should do when traveling abroad.

Now if her side of the story is true and she was just responding to energy brought to her, I'd agree with what you're saying. However, if she was in Dubai trying to pull typical "Customer is always right" bullshit, her not knowing the law doesn't matter. She was being a fool.
When abroad always try de-escalation first and multiple times. When it comes to police enforcing the law…..the foreigner is usually always in the wrong to try to get money or get back.

Also, like I stated jn other thread, we gotta stop our women from trying to match a man’s energy.

Reactions: GNS
I know there's been alot of "know the law" posts in here but has anybody actually said that they either A. Research the laws of every country they travel to or B. Research even the most mundane laws and offenses to make sure you don't get arrested for "yelling"?

Like that shit is just flat out ridiculous to expect someone to be aware of all of these offenses when a good portion don't even know the laws of the city they live in let alone another country.
I research the laws and customs for every country before I visit and I also try to learn some of the language too 🤷🏽‍♂️

I noticed it’s Americans that don’t bother researching and feel every other country should be speaking English and American laws are universal

I research the laws and customs for every country before I visit and I also try to learn some of the language too 🤷🏽‍♂️

I noticed it’s Americans that don’t bother researching and feel every other country should be speaking English and American laws are universal
And it be the Americans that yell cuz the locals don’t understand English .

Yelling don’t make people understand. Raising ya voice isn’t a translator

My cousin that travels a lot said when he travels, he does nothing that will bring attention to himself even when he feels like he’s in a unfavorable position at a restaurant/hotel or anything like that.

I guess it’s better to not be seen or heard in another country is what I took from what he said

raw

Back