Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bun B: Mexican Americans Are The Biggest Customer Base For Houston Rappers

He was talking about Houston rap, and based on what he's saying, white people don't make up the majority of his fanbase. Mexicans do. And showing appreciation to your fans isn't pandering. What kinda dumb logic is that?

Who tf base they whole career off a city that’s dumb logic nigga and any rapper that is someone biggest supporters is white ppl they’re the majority and number 1 consumers of Hip hop if he talking about the local shows he can still do because he’s washed up sure

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
I just seen a Mexican YouTuber literally take that Bun B video and trying to say that Hip hop wouldn’t be none without the Hispanics lol and they not guest in the shit lol

• Haha
Who tf base they whole career off a city that’s dumb logic nigga and any rapper that is someone biggest supporters is white ppl they’re the majority and number 1 consumers of Hip hop if he talking about the local shows he can still do because he’s washed up sure

Fuck are you talking about. Who said anything about his whole career. He's talking about right now, and in case you haven't noticed a lot of Mexicans have migrated into the U.S., especially the Southwest where Bun is probably most popular, in the last 10-20 years.

If that dude says that when he does shows the majority of his crowds are Mexican, who are you to argue with that? He gets so much love from Mexicans that he wanted to show them some love back. Why would you or any other clown feel like that's something worth bitching about?

The internet has rotted some of ya'll's brains.

I don't know man. Some people are just awkward. I don't see how you concluded that he wasn't down for his people and is the type to put other groups before black people based on the interaction you're describing though. That seems like a hell of a leap.
I wouldn’t say that’s what it is necessarily, but it’s the impression I got now considering that and some of these reactions to this interview. If anything it’s more of a leap to jump there based on this interview alone as there’s nothing wrong with what he said here. But nah bro there’s no reason to assume he’s just awkward, dude is no stranger to being in public spaces with people all around, at all kinds of events in Houston and I just saw how enthusiastic he was in an interview filmed with my friend. I brought that up the interview and he acted like he didn’t know what I was talking about even though it was recent. Maybe it’s just because it was night time and he was tired or something. Brother I was with thought he was high, and I didn’t really think anything of it at the time. There’s mostly white ppl in that area we were in though and we were the only two black dudes.

Idk he just failed the vibe check and the brother I was with was taken aback by that that, even though it wasn’t him the one spoke to him. He kept making fun of that crap afterwards for a bit. I had just stopped casually very brief in passing on my way to my suite at the bldg entrance and introduced myself mentioning one of my ppl (white dude I know personally) had just showed me the interview he have on YT with him featuring his Trill Burgers brand and I was saying congrats. He seemed guarded…very short in his response and wasn’t speaking up almost like a slight fear of something. When I heard my boy make that comment I played it down and wished him good night and went about my business.
I mean, he probably got multiple people coming at him every hour. Could be he had already filled up this "socializing quota" for the day. Imagine having strangers come up to you every hour either wanting to talk or asking for a pic. Shit gets tiring . He is human so he could of been in a bad mood. When fans go up to some of these celebrities, they dont even care how the famous individual is doing.

• Ether
I just seen a Mexican YouTuber literally take that Bun B video and trying to say that Hip hop wouldn’t be none without the Hispanics lol and they not guest in the shit lol
That's always the case.
Black rappers can't just make a sale and say thank you, no they gotta invite the fiends into their home and tell em "we one now".
Got fat Joe thinking Ricans made up rapping(hip-hop) when they just saw black people doing it and wanted to participate.

That's always the case.
Black rappers can't just make a sale and say thank you, no they gotta invite the fiends into their home and tell em "we one now".
Got fat Joe thinking Ricans made up rapping(hip-hop) when they just saw black people doing it and wanted to participate.

That "you're guests in this shit" mindset is kinda disrespectful though. Ricans didn't start Hip Hop, but some of them did put in work, and people of all backgrounds have contributed to its growth. African Americans are the originators and should be treated as such, but we can't brag about Hip Hop being global and then trash everyone else in the world for wanting to claim a small piece of it. That doesn't make any sense. I feel like you can gatekeep your creation without acting like no one else deserves credit for what it's become.

That "you're guests in this shit" mindset is kinda disrespectful though. Ricans didn't start Hip Hop, but some of them did put in work, and people of all backgrounds have contributed to its growth. African Americans are the originators and should be treated as such, but we can't brag about Hip Hop being global and then trash everyone else in the world for wanting to claim a small piece of it. That doesn't make any sense. I feel like you can gatekeep your creation without acting like no one else deserves credit for what it's become.
Idk man, did bill gates ever said we all made Microsoft because niggaz were buying computers?

Idk man, did bill gates ever said we all made Microsoft because niggaz were buying computers?

No, but it's not just about the customer base. You have radio stations in other countries that break records, DJs that play the music in foreign clubs, foreign rappers that try to take up the mantle and grow a scene for that music in those other countries. If some Indian dude took it upon himself to make Windows the prominent OS in India when Microsoft didn't have any market share in that country, then yeah Bill Gates should give that dude props, especially if he happens to be giving a speech in front of a bunch of Indians.

I know it's tricky because of all the culture vultures. Fat Joe absolutely deserved to be checked for overrating the Rican influence early in Hip Hop, and he was by several pioneers. That said, Fat Joe has put in work in the game for a long time, so I can understand why he wanted to rep for his people and their contributions even if he was overstepping.

If some Indian dude took it upon himself to make Windows the prominent OS in India when Microsoft didn't have any market share in that country, then yeah Bill Gates should give that dude props, especially if he happens to be giving a speech in front of a bunch of Indians
Giving props and claiming you had a hand in the development is two different things. Ranjeet wasn't in the gym when William was stealing programs so y would bill give him credit for that?!

Seems we have this mentality of including folks and them same people have the propensity of accepting that credit, overstepping their bounds and in a lot of case misrepresenting history and profiteering off that lie.

Niggaz can't just say thanks for buying my album, instead it's "oh you black too cause you fux with us" or "he/she ain't white they light skinteted"

We can gatekeep without insulting anyone. Or this shit gon go the way of swing and jazz

Giving props and claiming you had a hand in the development is two different things. Ranjeet wasn't in the gym when William was stealing programs so y would bill give him credit for that?!

Seems we have this mentality of including folks and them same people have the propensity of accepting that credit, overstepping their bounds and in a lot of case misrepresenting history and profiteering off that lie.

Niggaz can't just say thanks for buying my album, instead it's "oh you black too cause you fux with us" or "he/she ain't white they light skinteted"

We can gatekeep without insulting anyone. Or this shit gon go the way of swing and jazz

I agree with you, but I'm saying that people take these criticisms farther than you are. I'm not saying we should give anyone other than African Americans credit for inventing Hip Hop. But I do believe it's fair to give others their just due for help Hip Hop become as big as it is.

I 100% agree with it being dumb how willing some black people are to embrace others just because those others like aspects of our culture. I think a lot of black people don't really get that others can love everything about what we produce and still hate us as people.

I think a lot of black people don't really get that others can love everything about what we produce and still hate us as people
This is facts. Like they can't wrap their heads around it like we ain't come from a history of both massa and the madam of the house still thinking we are less than humans but have no problem sleeping with us

Bun B is just literally mentioning his supporters though. This ain’t saying Mexicans are Black or they created screw music. This ain’t real man.

Bun B is just literally mentioning his supporters though. This ain’t saying Mexicans are Black or they created screw music. This ain’t real man.
Kinda moved pass what bun b was saying and addressing our mentality. I have no problem with him bigging up his custies

Real question are you Hispanic?? I don’t think you black

Back