Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bun B: Mexican Americans Are The Biggest Customer Base For Houston Rappers

I dont feel like this is a lie..

I got a lot of mexican homies and they love the fuck outta Houston rap

those mfs be knowing artist/songs that i dont even know about and its all they listen to

Ay but why it ain’t no Mexican rappers like that? I used to see old school LA rappers but none recently

when we were coming up all they would talk about is SPM but he in prison for being on some pedo shit.

its crazy cause they still bump his music and defend him to no end too

Ay but why it ain’t no Mexican rappers like that? I used to see old school LA rappers but none recently

There are Mexican rappers. A few of them from Texas. But you wouldn't know it because most of them niggas are SUPER regional. Like...only popular in Texas for the most part. But Texas (Houston specifically) is so big, that them niggas ain't really gotta sell records anywhere but Texas. Southpark Mexican was a fucking millionaire, and NOBODY outside of Texas knew his name.

There are Mexican rappers. A few of them from Texas. But you wouldn't know it because most of them niggas are SUPER regional. Like...only popular in Texas for the most part. But Texas (Houston specifically) is so big, that them niggas ain't really gotta sell records anywhere but Texas. Southpark Mexican was a fucking millionaire, and NOBODY outside of Texas knew his name.

lol I knew about him. I honestly can't tell you how though. I can't remember ever hearing a video or song from him. It must have just been on some show on MTV highlighting Latin rappers or something.

Mexicans from LA vs Mexicans from HTown are two different groups. They are not built the same. I know a lot of ya'll view it as separate on here, but in Htown it's not viewed like that. It's more of a shared view/HTown mentality thing. That's just how it is. I'm not saying it's right, but you understand it if you live here. Not necessarily every black person agrees with them using the N word or whatever, but many of them do seem to get a pass.

As for Bun B, ahhhh...i will say i get the impression from dude after crossing paths with him randomly in Austin last year during this music conference and congratulating him on some real man stuff about the launch of his Trill Burger business that he doesn't have that brotherly vibe that you expect from fellow brothers and comes off like one that tend to shun his own ppl and put other groups before us. I didn't really think much of it, and never really judged him before that, but once i seen that I kinda look at him different now. My patna who was with me at the time was lightweight looking at him crazy like what's wrong with him and even LOUDLY said 'is this nigga high or something' because of how he came off. lol.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Mexicans from LA vs Mexicans from HTown are two different groups. They are not built the same. I know a lot of ya'll view it as separate on here, but in Htown it's not viewed like that. It's more of a shared view/HTown mentality thing. That's just how it is. I'm not saying it's right, but you understand it if you live here. Not necessarily every black person agrees with them using the N word or whatever, but many of them do seem to get a pass.

As for Bun B, ahhhh...i will say i get the impression from dude after crossing paths with him randomly in Austin last year during this music conference and congratulating him on some real man stuff about the launch of his Trill Burger business that he doesn't have that brotherly vibe that you expect from fellow brothers and comes off like one that tend to shun his own ppl and put other groups before us. I didn't really think much of it, and never really judged him before that, but once i seen that I kinda look at him different now. My patna who was with me at the time was lightweight looking at him crazy like what's wrong with him and even LOUDLY said 'is this nigga high or something' because of how he came off. lol.
What he do to prompt such a response?

What he do to prompt such a response?
Idk he just failed the vibe check and the brother I was with was taken aback by that that, even though it wasn’t him the one spoke to him. He kept making fun of that crap afterwards for a bit. I had just stopped casually very brief in passing on my way to my suite at the bldg entrance and introduced myself mentioning one of my ppl (white dude I know personally) had just showed me the interview he have on YT with him featuring his Trill Burgers brand and I was saying congrats. He seemed guarded…very short in his response and wasn’t speaking up almost like a slight fear of something. When I heard my boy make that comment I played it down and wished him good night and went about my business.

Idk he just failed the vibe check and the brother I was with was taken aback by that that, even though it wasn’t him the one spoke to him. He kept making fun of that crap afterwards for a bit. I had just stopped casually very brief in passing on my way to my suite at the bldg entrance and introduced myself mentioning one of my ppl (white dude I know personally) had just showed me the interview he have on YT with him featuring his Trill Burgers brand and I was saying congrats. He seemed guarded…very short in his response and wasn’t speaking up almost like a slight fear of something. When I heard my boy make that comment I played it down and wished him good night and went about my business.

I don't know man. Some people are just awkward. I don't see how you concluded that he wasn't down for his people and is the type to put other groups before black people based on the interaction you're describing though. That seems like a hell of a leap.

Back