Welcome To aBlackWeb

BRITTNEY GRINER IS NOW FREE!!!!!!

I think that post is saying that America says she would get 3 years max in Russia not what would happen if she was in America and got caught with the same thing. Which if true then yeah she's being wrongfully detained because the sentence isn't just about breaking a law that others have gotten much less of a sentence for

This. Like people act like countries don't communicate and influence what their own citizens get charged in other countries. That's literally what state departments are for, to influence other nations, to build relationships, to advocate for citizens abroad.

Everyone gets a chance to make that embassy phone call if your government is powerful enough for your arrest to matter and your government is gonna tell you what to expect based on what you are charged with.

They gonna tell you if they can get you out or not, what's your rights are, everything.

It's pretty like gang shit and tapping in.

Lol for American citizens to take the stance of Fuck Britney Grinder is to spite themselves.

No country and I do mean no country with any type of power, let their own citizens rot in foreign prisons unjustly. They barely let you rot if you deserve it.

It's like being a parent and your kid act up in school and the policy calls for detention but they get suspended for a whole year.

You ain't gonna say, "Well my kid shouldn't have been acting up in school, fuck 'em."

But lol cynicism rules the day.

This. Like people act like countries don't communicate and influence what their own citizens get charged in other countries. That's literally what state departments are for, to influence other nations, to build relationships, to advocate for citizens abroad.

Everyone gets a chance to make that embassy phone call if your government is powerful enough for your arrest to matter and your government is gonna tell you what to expect based on what you are charged with.

They gonna tell you if they can get you out or not, what's your rights are, everything.

It's pretty like gang shit and tapping in.

Lol for American citizens to take the stance of Fuck Britney Grinder is to spite themselves.

No country and I do mean no country with any type of power, let their own citizens rot in foreign prisons unjustly. They barely let you rot if you deserve it.

It's like being a parent and your kid act up in school and the policy calls for detention but they get suspended for a whole year.

You ain't gonna say, "Well my kid shouldn't have been acting up in school, fuck 'em."

But lol cynicism rules the day.

The funniest shit is you actually took the time to break down the charges and the actual law she broke and the sentence she would've gotten if not for the outside factors...and it's still "it's the law of the land" when the actual law doesn't even state she should be sentenced for 9 years. If niggas gonna advocate so much for the law then they should at least know what the law is. To be so gung-ho that she should get whatever sentence they decide to dole out is short sighted and hypocritical.

The funniest shit is you actually took the time to break down the charges and the actual law she broke and the sentence she would've gotten if not for the outside factors...and it's still "it's the law of the land" when the actual law doesn't even state she should be sentenced for 9 years. If niggas gonna advocate so much for the law then they should at least know what the law is. To be so gung-ho that she should get whatever sentence they decide to dole out is short sighted and hypocritical.

Her offense literally carried a max of 10 years.

he didn’t break down anything that was factual in Russian

It was reported for several weeks that what she got caught with carried that penalty

You and him are just wrong in this situation.

I can't feel empathy for her any more than I feel empathy for folks caught up on drug charges here in The States. You know that shit don't fly out there no different that it does in the states here that haven't legalized it like Idaho, Nebraska, or Kansas. She chose to take it anyways and got hemmed up for it, same as she would if she flew to a state where it's illegal and the drug dogs sniffed it out.

This is a sad and frustrating situation.

Her people are acting like they're navigating through the U.S. legal system.

They're naive to the fact that Russia doesn't operate like the U.S.

Once you're sentenced, there's no visitation...........phone calls...........constant appeals.......meeting with lawyers.......etc.

The courts over there didn't even waste their time entertaining an appeal because they knew it would be a waste of the court's time.

Said this over and over again, but the only move they have now is to find some way to reach out to Putin.

It's about quality of life at this point.

She should offer to renounce her U.S. citizenship.......play ball for free to satisfy her sentence...........something along those lines.

Anything would be better than what she's gonna have to go through now.

Every time I see reports about her going to a penal colony, it just seems surreal and like something from a different time.

Back