Welcome To aBlackWeb

BRITTNEY GRINER IS NOW FREE!!!!!!

That doesn't change her outlook tho.
So you mad niggas in here aren't mad just for the sake of being mad?

Cause I don't think we're in here collectively criticising anyone for wanting her release. What's being criticized is people not being realistic about how that's going to happen

Why is it not okay to say "she fucked up. Tough break nigga"

I'm not mad at all. It's just interesting to see some embracing logic that in any other circumstances most likely would be rejected due to reasons that have nothing to do with her actual case. People bringing up her salary, sexuality, etc when none of that has anything to do with the basic idea that all this shit over a vape is insane. You can lack empathy for her. Nobody is telling you to feel anything for her...but the logic being used to embrace that idea is highly hypocritical and doesn't hold up under scrutiny. And it'll be interesting to see the next time an instance of excessive punishment comes up if it'll be the same old "well the law is the law so whatever happens happens" is pushed as hard.

I'm not mad at all. It's just interesting to see some embracing logic that in any other circumstances most likely would be rejected due to reasons that have nothing to do with her actual case. People bringing up her salary, sexuality, etc when none of that has anything to do with the basic idea that all this shit over a vape is insane. You can lack empathy for her. Nobody is telling you to feel anything for her...but the logic being used to embrace that idea is highly hypocritical and doesn't hold up under scrutiny. And it'll be interesting to see the next time an instance of excessive punishment comes up if it'll be the same old "well the law is the law so whatever happens happens" is pushed as hard.

First of all elzo brought up her salary on some dumb shit saying if she didn't have to go play in Russia because she was underpaid in the US this whole thing wouldn't have happened. That was met with the response it should have been met with.

With her sexuality I don't think it was brought up as a reason why she should be behind bars. If it was I'm sure it was an outlier.

Address the people that are saying that shit directly instead of painting all of us in the thread with the same broad brush.

Again it's okay to say "tough break nigga"

Sorry. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all elzo brought up her salary on some dumb shit saying if she didn't have to go play in Russia because she was underpaid in the US this whole thing wouldn't have happened. That was met with the response it should have been met with.

With her sexuality I don't think it was brought up as a reason why she should be behind bars. If it was I'm sure it was an outlier.

Address the people that are saying that shit directly instead of painting all of us in the thread with the same broad brush.

Again it's okay to say "tough break nigga"

Sorry. 🤷🏿‍♂️

The same broad brush painting can also be said with all the "Do yall expect *insert random act here* that nobody suggested to get her free...but I guess that doesn't stand out as much.

The same broad brush painting can also be said with all the "Do yall expect *insert random act here* that nobody suggested to get her free...but I guess that doesn't stand out as much.

Quote or @ what or who you're talking about directly.

Reactions: GNS
Like what's been done with every other nigga that got caught up in some shit overseas. ie ASAP Rocky

Probably because an assault charge vs a vape pen are two very different things...but who would think different circumstances would lead to different reactions from people. Crazy concept.

Probably because an assault charge vs a vape pen are two very different things...but who would think different circumstances would lead to different reactions from people. Crazy concept.

Well just like how you feel the vape pen charges are extreme.

Folks felt that Rocky was the victim in his case as well

:js4:

it seems insane, but that's only because you're looking at it from an American point of view. They don't want that stuff in their country at all, and the harsh penalties are their deterrent for people thinking of bring it in, no matter how small an amount. I think I pointed out earlier in this thread that a white dude from the US living there got hemmed up after he ordered a cleaning liquid that contained trace amounts of a banned substance from China. That's how far they're willing to go with it and while we ain't gotta like it, we do have to respect that it's their country, their laws, and their culture.

it seems insane, but that's only because you're looking at it from an American point of view. They don't want that stuff in their country at all, and the harsh penalties are their deterrent for people thinking of bring it in, no matter how small an amount. I think I pointed out earlier in this thread that a white dude from the US living there got hemmed up after he ordered a cleaning liquid that contained trace amounts of a banned substance from China. That's how far they're willing to go with it and while we ain't gotta like it, we do have to respect that it's their country, their laws, and their culture.

Bruh, someone already told him the bold.

It just went....................
giphy.gif

I'll say it one more time...im not looking at this from an American pov. America has plenty fucked up drug laws on the books with penalties here too that are also wrong simply because they're wrong not because of the where they're enforced at. There's plenty laws with wild punishments that we adhere to here. That don't make them any less silly. I'm looking at it solely from a point of the punishment being excessive and that wouldn't change whether she got locked up in Russia, the US or anywhere. As for the rest of your post...I never stated anything saying their laws shouldn't be adhered to. So that's a point being made I never disputed.

I'll say it one more time...im not looking at this from an American pov. America has plenty fucked up drug laws on the books with penalties here too that are also wrong simply because they're wrong not because of the where they're enforced at. I'm looking at it solely from a point of the punishment being excessive and that wouldn't change whether she got locked up in Russia, the US or anywhere. As for the rest of your post...I never stated anything saying their laws shouldn't be adhered to. So that's a point being made I never disputed.

everyone pretty much agrees that it's excessive tho..

i'm not sure what's being argued here?

Back