Welcome To aBlackWeb

black women have been coons to asians for at least 30 years.

Not anymore

I boycott all things Asian if i can help it

The anti black racism is at an all time high, stop supporting them
I wonder the way these niggas came in here is because of the messenger because he's not wrong about supporting these asian places

I wonder the way these niggas came in here is because of the messenger because he's not wrong about supporting these asian places
Naw. It was they way he said his whole message. Called black women coons in the first sentence. He could have easily said something on the lines of "we need to stop supporting these asian (Chinese and Japanese I assume) businesses in our communities that just take and dont give back and disrespect us".

Like what most of us wear is not made in china. Like our tv's and other appliances anit made from one of those two countries. Cant call one group of people coons and half your household stuff comes from the same place.

Asians have a monopoly on the beauty industry so it’s hard to not support them. Yes I’m aware that there are black owned hair and nail shops but they’re not as much as the Asian owned ones. The best thing is to not support the ones that show their anti blackness.

if you think asian women/men are swimming in dough from nail salons, youre sadly mistaken.

the nail industry charges the same amount it did roughly 30 yrs ago. asian nail techs, koren ones in particular, work long hours for low wages and this industry is oftentimes rife with exploitation and abuse

maybe a better statement/question would be: why dont more Black women move into the nail industry?

its probably because they arent all that profitable and the work involved isnt really worth it at the end of the day especially if youre not going to see massive profit margins.

(hence why nail services are always an add on at Black owned beauty salons and not the primary focus of the business)

asian people are providing a service usually at a very low cost. im pretty sure half of them rather be doing something else but the work is passed down from generation to generation and we’ll probably never see a cultural shift when it comes to this industry

and although i take issue with a large percentage of asain americans and their anti-Black racism, i thank them for providing a service to Black women who were largely ignored in the nail industry up into the mid 80s.

I'm glad this bw vs bm shit is only on the internet
Would not want to meet none of u fuckers irl

There's a conversation to be had about how the black dollar is spent but it ain't with people that disrespect or don't look at other black people as their own

Back