Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black teen in KC is shot after going to the wrong house to pick up his sibling

Hope he's recovery is as painless as possible. It's gonna be a long one no matter what.

Gonna be an interesting case to follow. I already know buddy is scrubbing his SM as I type and deleting every text he ever sent

I'm surprised Black Twitter or the Shade room hasn't dripped his location yetj

Kansas City police probe shooting of Black teen who went to wrong house to pick up his younger brothers​

Police haven't identified the shooter or his race. Information that officials have now does not point to the crime being racially motivated, but Graves said that aspect also remains under investigation.

Investigators also will consider whether or not the suspect was protected within the Stand Your Ground laws, Graves said.

Police initially said Yarl was in stable condition but had a life-threatening injury. His current condition has not been released, other than he is stable.

Graves said Sunday that the homeowner who allegedly shot the teen was taken into custody Thursday and placed on a 24-hour hold. While searching the scene for evidence, detectives found the firearm allegedly used. Law enforcement released the suspect pending further investigation after consulting with the Clay County Prosecutor's Office.

Missouri law allows a person to be held up to 24 hours for a felony investigation. At that point, the person must be released or arrested and formally charged. In order to arrest someone, law enforcement needs a formal victim statement, forensic evidence and other information for a case file to be completed, Graves said.

Because of the teen's injuries, Graves said police haven't been able to get a victim statement.

The best of social media is

getting visibility applying pressure
In the quest for some measure of justice

For Ralph Yarl and his family and other cases you never would have heard of
If not doe the force of will of the people

Back