Black real estate agents arrested at a philly starbucks for not ordering anything

And to make matters worse, Philly.com now reports that the Black police commissioner Richard Ross took to Facebook Live to post a video statement supporting the officer’s actions.

Ross said Starbucks staff called 911 and police arrived around 4:40 p.m. Thursday. According to Ross, Starbucks employees “said two males were trespassing” and “refused to leave.” The men hadn’t ordered food, and had asked to use the restroom. Starbucks policy does “not allow nonpaying people from the public to come in and use the restroom,” Ross said. Police then asked the men to leave, since Starbucks wanted them out.

Ross said the men were told they were trespassing and were “asked to leave politely,” three times. He said the men answered that “we don’t care,” which Ross called the “same type of attitude” Starbucks staff had described. Ross said police on the scene, “in an effort to quell the situation, called for a supervisor” to keep things from getting “out of hand.” He praised that decision.

Ross said the men were then “taken out essentially without incident” and with “no harm done to them.” He said police processed the pair for arrest, but later “discovered Starbucks was no longer interested in prosecuting,” and let them go. In short, “these officers had legal standing to make this arrest. They were called to this scene because these people were trespassing. Officers “followed policy” and acted “professional, and got the opposite back.”

He added: “As an African American male, I am very aware of implicit bias.” Ross said the department is “committed to fair and unbiased policing.” But, he said, people who “think logically” should recognize that when a business calls and says, “There is someone here I do not want,” officers have a right to act.

Ross, who said he doesn’t frequent Starbucks, said “we haven’t determined” if “there are things we can do better.” Recalling a previous occasion on which a police sergeant “was denied access” to a Starbucks restroom, Ross added, “at least they are consistent in their policy.”

mufbrug7wfad.gif

Niggas really gotta cut it out with this boycott shit it's a useful tool but niggas wont boycott the shit that is harmful to them and that they patronize all the time

Ive said this numerous time youd ve naked homeless and hungry if you attemted to boycott all thebshit you deemed racist. Yet niggas spend a premium on shit and are suckered intonthe shit because they know some of us are ripe for conspicuous consumption

I mean niggas should be boycotting those predatory "financial" spots next to chicken shacks

With that said Starbucks is dead as wrong for this stance but are you believe in attribue one persons act is to the whole every single time

when are we ever gonna stand up to some shit?

so we cant have our own coffee houses? so that we can say fuck them?

bruh you was just on my ass last week about saying fuck whitey and not having white control over you.

my nigga.....not you

What playmaker said and My solution this is build our own nation and we won't have these problems

Niggas really gotta cut it out with this boycott shit it's a useful tool but niggas wont boycott the shit that is harmful to them and that they patronize all the time

Ive said this numerous time youd ve naked homeless and hungry if you attemted to boycott all thebshit you deemed racist. Yet niggas spend a premium on shit and are suckered intonthe shit because they know some of us are ripe for conspicuous consumption

I mean niggas should be boycotting those predatory "financial" spots next to chicken shacks

With that said Starbucks is dead as wrong for this stance but are you believe in attribue one persons act is to the whole every single time
nah we dont have to cut it out....

your reasoning is the reason why shit like this keeps happening.

ole cause we wont have nothing defeatist sounding ass.

foh

this is the reason we need to start our own businesses....but niggas dont want to do that either...

so struggle thru serviing people which most people do or be treated like shit?

you rather be treated like shit.

you lost cool points nigga
giphy.gif

What playmaker said and My solution this is build our own nation and we won't have these problems
so until then you wanna be beat on and shot and treated like shit?

by both blacks and whites?

and yes...blacks too....niggas just hardly speak on this shit

ok....so why we still talking about requiring they service?

and get that shit out ya throat when speaking to me youngin...lol

Who is "we"?

As far as I know people are mad at an injustice and shedding light on it. Period. I personally never spent a dime there. Anything from there I got for free. Their regulars are the type of people I hate the most (entitled white liberals) and I would never choose to surround myself with those dolts or financially support their peers.

Also Starbucks has a lot of black patrons and people are shining a light at how that business and it's like truly feel about black people so maybe they should wise up. That article I posted was written to do just that.

It's just awareness which is one of the most valuable and useful components of living in the information age. Calling these companies out and no longer buying their lame excuses.

People boycotting white businesses doesn't mean they won't ever attempt to create their own businesses. Things like dignity and self respect still exist in this world. Many people boycott off of principle not because they're trying to singlehandedly dismantle a system.

Not sure if anyone asked this... but what can be done about the police that overreacted and arrested these men?

Sure you can boycott the establishment(starbucks) and march/protest as per usual.. but what is that going to do about the culture of police overreacting when it comes to dealing with black men and women in general.

Cant boycott the police or tap their pockets by not purchasing their product...any ideas?

Not sure if anyone asked this... but what can be done about the police that overreacted and arrested these men?

Sure you can boycott the establishment(starbucks) and march/protest as per usual.. but what is that going to do about the culture of police overreacting when it comes to dealing with black men and women in general.

Cant boycott the police or tap their pockets by not purchasing their product...any ideas?

Write to the local politicians so that they can hold the police dept accountable. End of the day politicians and cops get paid cause of the people. Local politicians don't ever really forget that even though the police certainly does.

Reactions: 313 Wayz

the establishment needs to be handled first. they called the police.

and in this environment of police killings.....someone thought it was ok to have these men placed in this position. there are many reason why someone would not purchase food "yet".

as for the police....there need to be a bigger solution to this. but im not saying it here.

Write to the local politicians so that they can hold the police dept accountable. End of the day politicians and cops get paid cause of the people. Local politicians don't ever really forget that even though the police certainly does.
but they are all connected and looking out for each other to get better political clout.

they dont care about black people because black people are divided as hell and really serve them no purpose that they need to be made aware of.

writing to them will be just that..writing to them.

once we have our own that only we support thats in our hoods...and politicians that only we all vote for because he has our interests at hand.....this will keep happening.

we are not showing them any power.

Reactions: Koltrain
Fam they see a major dip in the profit margin this will never happen again....how come we still don’t know this

the establishment needs to be handled first. they called the police.

and in this environment of police killings.....someone thought it was ok to have these men placed in this position. there are many reason why someone would not purchase food "yet".

as for the police....there need to be a bigger solution to this. but im not saying it here.

I hear ya but I would think that if the police situation was handled... even if the establishment called the cops... they woulda looked like assholes if the police knew how to conduct themselves reasonably. We can all agree there is no reason these men should have been put in cuffs.

I understand its easier to enact change in the establishments cuz you can hurt them pockets but the police most definitely need to be addressed more importantly IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: DOS_patos