Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black People Don't Own Sh*t!!

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
We gotta start supporting niggas man, shit's sad af out here. Niggas don't own shit.

Let's break down all the "black" companies that are not black owned.

Pretty much every magazine:

- Essence
- XXL
- King
- Black Hair

Dating Sites/Apps

Black People Meet's Owner

- Screenshot_235.png

BlackCupid's Owner

01-andrew-bolton.w330.h412.jpg

Websites -

Theroot.com
blackvoices.com

Hiphopwebsites -

hiphopdx.com and battlerap.com owner (in the middle) and staff

Screenshot_237.png

Complex owner

Screenshot_236.png

Even this shit aint ours

black-buying-carson.png

I aint even get to BET and the other shit. Niggas fuckin up out here.

WSSH??
Question. Do you actually own a website if youre paying to keep it running every month and or you have to follow their rules?

WSSH??
Question. Do you actually own a website if youre paying to keep it running every month and or you have to follow their rules?

Walsh was created by Q who was black, rip

And huh?

This. I ain’t even know most of those were pushed to be black owned

Complex?

A hip hop site that pushes mainly urban media like everyday struggle?

Dark and lovely?

Aight

I assume it's down to lack of capital and businesses of any kind being highly volatile. Most of us don't have the resources to make mistakes or take a loss in that world until something works like our white counterparts.

Admittedly, I have my reservations about the whole black capitalism thing that KM pushes but that's not the point of this thread so I'ma fall back.

This shit the kinda intelligently ignorant shit i love.....

Like I 100% agree with Goldie, but these responses got me dying laughing.

Niggaz is classically hilarious

I assume it's down to lack of capital and businesses of any kind being highly volatile. Most of us don't have the resources to make mistakes or take a loss in that world until something works like our white counterparts.

Admittedly, I have my reservations about the whole black capitalism thing that KM pushes but that's not the point of this thread so I'ma fall back.

Ofc it partially resources but it's also niggas just don't support niggas.

For example, I've asked mfs why don't they have tidal but pay for apple, spotify, etc and they always have a wack ass excuse like "well i already got a bunch of playlists so idk if i could start over" or some dumb shit like that. Niggas don't support niggas.

There's a chinatown in every city, they make their money from non chinese mfs and spend it all within their community. Pretty much every hair and nail spot for black women are ran by asians.

We're the only dumb mfs giving everybody else our bread, shit's sad af.

I'ma take this as a sign.

Recently I was working on a logo or a symbol we could use for Black owned and operated businesses.

The idea is to have one of these symbols in the window/website/social media page of local our Black owned, Black operated businesses or programs. Now it's not saying that these companies only hire Black people but it is saying that this business makes a conscious effort to create opportunities and hire Black people and POC.

So the idea is B.O.B.O businesses - Black Owned Black Operated

Every B.O.B.O. business who supports this would get highlighted and put on the international rolodex of Black owned and operated businesses.

These are just prototypes/ rough drafts but y'all get the idea...

Black owned Black operated pdf-page-001.jpg Black owned Black operated 2 pdf-page-001.jpg

What y'all think?

Would you support this?

Should we support this?

A hip hop site that pushes mainly urban media like everyday struggle?

Dark and lovely?

Aight
I never picked up a Complex magazine a day in my life. Never watched Everyday Struggle, outside of clips posted in the Store. Had you said the Source I might be as pressed as you are now

Back