Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black Panther director Ryan Coogler arrested after being mistaken for bank robber

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva
Black Panther director Ryan Coogler was mistaken for a bank robber and arrested after trying to withdraw money from his bank account. Coogler confirmed the incident, which happened in January, to Variety after TMZ first reported it.

According to a police report obtained by TMZ, Coogler, who is currently filming the Black Panther sequel Black Panther: Wakanda Forever in Atlanta, Georgia, entered a bank in the city and handed the cashier a note reading: “I would like to withdraw $12,000 cash from my checking account. Please do the money count somewhere else. I’d like to be discreet.”

The transaction triggered an alarm, according to the report, and bank staff called the police. Coogler and two other people with him were arrested, and later released.

Coogler told Variety: “This situation should never have happened … However, Bank of America worked with me and addressed it to my satisfaction and we have moved on.”

Prior to global blockbuster Black Panther, which was released in 2018, Coogler directed Rocky spin-off Creed in 2015, starring Michael B Jordan and Sylvester Stallone, and his 2013 directorial debut Fruitvale Station, about a real-life police killing that also featured Jordan in the lead role.

That story is missing some details. One important one being that the woman, who was Black if that matters, didn't go get her manager until she got a message on her screen alerting her after he initially handed over the note for his withdrawal. Also Ryan Coogler was in the bank wearing shades and a mask which if you work in a bank might catch your attention even during a pandemic.This situation is..just weird all around. Definitely don't think police should've been called once you can clearly verify who is standing in front of you but I can understand the initial "what the fuck" moment the bank teller had looking up and seeing somebody in a mask and shades handing you a note about taking 12K out of an account

That story is missing some details. One important one being that the woman, who was Black if that matters, didn't go get her manager until she got a message on her screen alerting her after he initially handed over the note for his withdrawal. Also Ryan Coogler was in the bank wearing shades and a mask which if you work in a bank might catch your attention even during a pandemic.This situation is..just weird all around. Definitely don't think police should've been called once you can clearly verify who is standing in front of you but I can understand the initial "what the fuck" moment the bank teller had looking up and seeing somebody in a mask and shades handing you a note about taking 12K out of an account

Yea I agree. This doesn’t look suspicious at all, right?

108CD370-F1B4-4B58-BAE5-4EE6E86D5E54.png

Who still withdraws money? That is what a bank card is for unless you paying an Asian or a a stripper I don't see the need. I would not want to count all that money anyway, but you cannot identify who he is with the shades and mask. They should have just asked to see his face and you have to give your ID to do any in bank transaction

Yea I agree. This doesn’t look suspicious at all, right?

View attachment 788328

Yeah no need for outrage. This I can see the misunderstanding.

Who still withdraws money? That is what a bank card is for unless you paying an Asian or a a stripper I don't see the need. I would not want to count all that money anyway, but you cannot identify who he is with the shades and mask. They should have just asked to see his face and you have to give your ID to do any in bank transaction
Kinda question is this.
It’s plenty if reasons to use cash. One being systems shutdown and cards don’t always work.

I dont
Black peoples need to give each other the benefit of the doubt.
How about check his name and IID and account.
Problem would have never happened
True. The manager is really at fault since you have to approve transactions over 10k but I think this was just shitty management

possible they haven’t experienced the note thing before either. Couple that with the mask and shades and it’s like ehhh

plus they in scamming Atlanta

now obviously if they just did what you said it would’ve been avoided but alas

Back