Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black Canada, Racism & White Supremacy - The Maple Book Of Safe Travel

a

Where exactly is this wakanda you looking for?

Get your head out the sand.

What country isnt racist, has bias law enforcement against blacks, doesn't have segregation at some level, or inequality towards blacks?

I'll wait.

Besides the kingdom of eSwatini (who is much ironically one of the most mediatically spited nations in Western medias) ?? No one.

Damn. Some of y’all have problems comprehending.

I was thinking that Canada was somehow a MUCH better alternative to living in the U.S.

Turns out, I was wrong; their really ain’t that much difference.

That’s all I was saying.

Never implied that I thought there was some Utopia located on planet earth where everybody was treated equally and life was constantly good.

Damn. Some of y’all have problems comprehending.

I was thinking that Canada was somehow a MUCH better alternative to living in the U.S.

Turns out, I was wrong; their really ain’t that much difference.

That’s all I was saying.

Never implied that I thought there was some Utopia located on planet earth where everybody was treated equally and life was constantly good.
I got what you was saying but the minor differences are major in terms of quality of life

Racism is everywhere. Being the world's nicest country doesn't means this country is populated by saints... just by both racists and non-racists who says "excuse me" when bumping at you.

Hmm no, never mind. Racists are not gonna excuse themselves, though.
“Our racism is a very polite form of racism. It smiles in your face, it says please and thank you, it calls you sir and ma’am at the same time as it marginalizes you,”

Okay, maybe Nova Scotians are different.

I confirm. The black antiracist movement in Canada does not gathers the same lenghts of mediatic and organizational power than what we observe in U.S.A. , France or the U.-K. . And for many reasons.

First off, the fact that we are a bilingual country. The native-born Afro Canadian community is exclusively English speaking and thus hold little to no interaction whatsoever with the numerous French speaking black diasporas in French Canada. We have a native-born community at Montreal who lives there since the New France period: descendants of African slaves bound to the French colonists then later the Loyalist newcomers. They and the English speaking West Indians are influential for the black cause in English Montreal, but almost never interacts with the Haitians, Martiniquans and French speaking Africans and vice versa. Members from both parties attempted for decades to establish an unifying bridge between them, but it never worked. The work was simply not enough.

Secondly, the Haitian Canadian diaspora is overreprentative of the black cause in French Canada. Haitians hates sub-Saharan Africans the same way some American niggas here viscerally hates me for being none only a non-American black and a socalledly chubby-chasing nerd, but a non-American of fresh African descent: subsequently, most of their militant representatives hold little regard to let non-West Indian black communities to voice themselves within the movement and the movement is crumbling down from inside. Franco-Quebeckers automatically assumes the plights and political motivations of the black community reflects those of the Haitian diaspora, when it is matter-of-factly not always the case.

And thirdly, the generation-spanning gap between younger people and older niggas. Older people doesn't think like us. Had been not these middle aged and eldery Blacks than PM Justin Trudeau had lost the entirety of the black vote from the day his blackfacing antics has been outed. Older people treats younger people of extremists and radicals who are too lazy or impatient to not follow up the hard way: younger people perceives their elders like fools and self-righteous hypocrites who lost their appetite to fight. How do you want to agree on the littlest thing when n$$#as cannot agree about blackface being racist and constantly pulling out Robert Downey Jr's case??? Nigga, it's not the same fucking thing: Trudeau was vitriolic against black people, RDJ was against Hollywood's racist antics!

At last, both systemic and casual racism in Canada are perniciously less conspicuous than in U.S.A. .

Last edited:
I confirm. The black antiracist movement in Canada does not gathers the same lenghts of mediatic and organizational power than what we observe in U.S.A. , France or the U.-K. . And for many reasons.

First off, the fact that we are a bilingual country. The native-born Afro Canadian community is exclusively English speaking and thus hold little to no interaction whatsoever with the numerous French speaking black diasporas in French Canada. We have a native-born community at Montreal who lives there since the New France period: descendants of African slaves bound to the French colonists then later the Loyalist newcomers. They and the English speaking West Indians are influential for the black cause in English Montreal, but almost never interacts with the Haitians, Martiniquans and French speaking Africans ans vice versa. Members from both parties attempted for decades to establish an unifying bridge between them, but it never worked. The work was simply not enough.

Secondly, the Haitian Canadian diaspora is overreprentative of the black cause in French Canada. Haitians hates sub-Saharan Africans the same way some American niggas here viscerally hates me for being none only a non-American black and a socalledly chubby-chasing nerd, but a non-American of fresh African descent: subsequently, most of their militant representatives hold little regard to let non-West Indian black communities to voice themselves within the movement and the movement grow crumbling down from inside. Franco-Quebeckers automatically assumes the plights and political motivations of the black community reflects those of the Haitian diaspora, when it is matter-of-factly not always the case.

And thirdly, the generation-spanning gap between younger people and older niggas. Older people doesn't think like us. Had been not these middle aged and eldery Blacks than PM Justin Trudeau had lost the entirety of the black vote from the day his blackfacing antics has been outed. Older people treats younger people of extremists and radicals who are too lazy or impatient to not follow up the hard way: younger people perceives their elders like fools and self-righteous hypocrites who lost their appetite to fight. How do you eant to agree on the littlest thing when n$$#as cannot agree about blackface being racist and constantly pulling out Robert Downey Jr's case??? Nigga, it's not the same fucking thing: Trudeau was vitriolic against black people, RDJ was against Hollywood's racist antics!

At last, both systemic and casual racism in Canada are perniciously less conspicuous than in U.S.A. .

Great post. @JohnSmithCAN your parents Canadian? My parents are Jamaican. I'm first generation Canadian.

Back