Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Black against the world

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
met a Jamaican man yesterday that told me he voted for trump and later went on to tell me how he felt Trayvon martin deserved to be shot.

idk but a lot of the non-american Black people I meet always end up sounding like racist white people. they never seem to quite grasp why Black americans are so angry.

its all so very strange.

needless to say all skinfolk aint kinfolk

met a Jamaican man yesterday that told me he voted for trump and later went on to tell me how he felt Trayvon martin deserved to be shot.

idk but a lot of the non-american Black people I meet always end up sounding like racist white people. they never seem to quite grasp why Black americans are so angry.

its all so very strange.

what he say after u rightfully spit in his face?

its all so very strange.

Without defending his opinion because he was wrong but you have to remember that Africans in the Caribbean and other places in the world were free a long time before the American experience ended. So they/we don’t have the same experience as a Black person in America. Our Doctors, Lawyers, teachers and politicians and Police officers were for the most part also black or something other than white. The older generation especially tend to be less understanding. You have to think of it as they are 100 years removed from actually slavery and segregation and it is not in their face everyday. There are other issues like the have and the have nots and complexion and stuff but slavery and blatant oppression by another color is far from their mind. Again I am not defending anyone who could say Trayvon Martin deserved anything. But trying to help you understand why they/we are so different. I never even contemplated racism until I got here.

Without defending his opinion because he was wrong but you have to remember that Africans in the Caribbean and other places in the world were free a long time before the American experience ended. So they/we don’t have the same experience as a Black person in America. Our Doctors, Lawyers, teachers and politicians and Police officers were for the most part also black or something other than white. The older generation especially tend to be less understanding. You have to think of it as they are 100 years removed from actually slavery and segregation and it is not in their face everyday. There are other issues like the have and the have nots and complexion and stuff but slavery and blatant oppression by another color is far from their mind. Again I am not defending anyone who could say Trayvon Martin deserved anything. But trying to help you understand why they/we are so different. I never even contemplated racism until I got here.

Dont care who was free longer they need to go read a book

@Goldie hates this response but its warranted

its all so very strange.

they aint the majority. Non-American black people have also said that Black Americans sometimes have the same stereotypes of the 'developing' world as white Americans. don't mean most Black Americans are ignorant and look down on the places they can retrace their roots to. vocal minorities and that.

they aint the majority. Non-American black people have also said that Black Americans sometimes have the same stereotypes of the 'developing' world as white Americans. don't mean most Black Americans are ignorant and look down on the places they can retrace their roots to. vocal minorities and that.

ALL THE ONES I MEET/KNOW/SIT IN CLASS WITH/RIDE THE TRAIN WITH/LIVE WITH FEEL THIS WAY.

@Race Jones did you no sign before you read it. I am a fan of yours and I agreed with you on your point but I was trying to explain why people think differently.

I dont really try to understand ignorance.
I dont. I dont sit there and try to say hmmm wow that persons dumbass ideas make a lot of sense especially when their attitudes contribute to a culture that is killing ppl at this very moment.

dont care who was free longer.

ALL THE ONES I MEET/KNOW/SIT IN CLASS WITH/RIDE THE TRAIN WITH/LIVE WITH FEEL THIS WAY.
how big is that sample size tho? have you been to countries where they're the majority?

right wing views exist in black countries but they aint the majority. statistically or socially. tbh my Black American godmama is the only republican I know, and she's only in that for financial reasons.

The stuff I see africans post on twitter about Black Americans is disgusting.

just take a peak. funny thing is non-american Blacks love speaking ill of us but be waist deep in our culture. love telling us we dont have culture while eating soul food and dancing to future hendrixx

foh

not being crass here but we all need to decolonize our minds and stop shitting on each other. end of story

theres no excuse for blatant ignorance on either side.

The stuff I see africans post on twitter about Black Americans is disgusting.

just take a peak. funny thing is non-american Blacks love speaking ill of us but be waist deep in our culture. love telling us we dont have culture while eating soul food and dancing to future hendrixx

foh

visiting black countries >>> anecdotes/twitter posts

I'm pro-Palestine but black people need to do what Jews do with the "birthright Israel" free heritage trips to Africa and make that shit an accessible norm.

Back