Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black Africans vs. Black Americans...

Regions might come into play too. East coast people are stereotyped as more rude. And a lot of Africans I assume move to like DC or New York. Now I heard Houston and ATL have large African populations too. But the negatives I see are usually on the East

One of my uncles (RIP) married a white woman in the 70's. ALL 8 of their kids have strong African names... and they're all a bunch of extra lite-brites with one of them taking all the white genes from her mother so she looks like a straight-up white girl with an African name.

Two of my younger sisters and my stepsister all have African names thanks to their father (my pro-Black stepfather).

A lot of people in the community back then (late 70's/early 80's) was on that kick. Somehow names like Adebowale and Obasi devolved into "Dayronte" and the like in the years since then.

"What... did names like Mustafa and Akbar become to hard to spell?" - Frank.

I’m take it that you’re not for Daronte and names like that

I’m all for it

I’m cool with it to. It’s unique to us and we need stuff like that. If Du and others like his experience were more common I could see people not naming their kids African names because they don’t feel embraced by Africans. Daronte, LaMarcus, Jahrell etc it’s different

Crazy experiences smh

Africa has more than 52 countries and most don't even like each other.

Which countries were they from that yall had beef with.

Been watchin this guy's youtube channel a lot...Ghanian dude that travels all around Africa trying to shed light on what Africa is really like and the differences and similarities of each country...

Got me thinking this is your channel.Just watching this video of him asking a Chinese business man if China is exploiting Africa, then him agreeing with all the Chinese talking points, has me not wanting to see any of his other videos, ngl.

Got me thinking this is your channel.Just watching this video of him asking a Chinese business man if China is exploiting Africa, then him agreeing with all the Chinese talking points, has me not wanting to see any of his other videos, ngl.

A lotta African vloggers do that, same as click bait here...They'll title the video something like "Why you should never move to Lagos"...And then the video be mostly positives about Lagos...They put the controversial title then give they actual opinion in context...But yeah, there's some Africans who have a lotta problems with the Chinese and some that don't...Some see it as if they tryna establish a new kinda colonialism, others see it as give and take...

But that dude in particular is really doin a good job of showcasing the great things about various African countries...He initially made the page cause he was studying in China and realized a lotta Chinese have the same stereotypes about Africa as a lotta Americans do....

I work with two ladies from the Congo and one from Nigeria.

they fell the same. Until the leadership stop being sooooooo damn corrupt it will never be a power

They was complaining about the police for bout 30 minutes in their home country

interesting....I've seen a lot of this from afar but there's just not any real african population here

there was a few at my high school....a sister and brother I remember.....black as night and acted exactly like Carlton and Hillary. Loafers, ascots and all.

they talked to black folks but didnt really hang with them

i have zero experience with them in my adult life

just had an african professor pull a white person on me at the university, asking me a bunch of questions for no damn reason, bout to make a fuss....

i just went with it,

showed her my ID, told her where i was going, showed her the email in my phone, then i asked her if she wanted to walk with me to make sure i wasn't lying...

i think that got her mad so she just walked away.....

i should have asked her for her fucking id

:smh:

Im in Djibouti. These East African women are BAD bro...just beautiful. Unfortunately the country is poor and their pres is trash. However they are peaceful. No terrorism, genocide or anything like that. They are just very poor. The food is excellent. Laws are similar to western ones. With some tweaks. The police will shake you down out here too...especially americans gotta keep some cash on hand out here just in case.

And the weather is like the Gulf Coast during the summer x1000 lol. Its humid as fuck man

But man everytime I go out...or speak to the locals who work on base...its always “whats up brother” like every-time. Shit is dope.
I'm curious how your treated off base and in civilian clothing.
Is it all the same?

I'm curious how your treated off base and in civilian clothing.
Is it all the same?

Yeah...its all love outside the wire bro. I rarely have my uniform on on base anyway...only during working hours and im not outside...only time I encounter the locals is in civies

Back