Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black Africans vs. Black Americans...

i get it..
i understand both sides. and both sides have legit beef with the other.
both look at each other like they stupid.

i seem to notice the thing that separates us...is the family culture.

I not about to generalize, because I hate when people do that shit, but my experience is kinda like Du's, with East Africans tho. I've only met a few West African's and they're usually first generation AA, so i dont count them. For the most part its all fake love and everything is cool if its 1 on 1 or they're in large group with them being the minority. But the sec the roles reverse and its mostly all their people and just you, their true colors come out, in most of them. We all become aint shit & they try to say we're poor because, we're lazy, not because of racism.

Yea there's this African cat that comes to my bar...

Architect makes dumb money.

Wherever he was from in Africa they were poor. When he came to America for college, he came poor.

Now he's in a really good position, and has a horrible outlook on black Americans.

He fucks with me, but he thinks I'm an exception because I work hard and I'm family oriented. I still speak to homie, but I stopped fucking with him heavy after we had that conversation one day about black Americans.

He won't be convinced they're not mostly lazy, self destructive, and overtly violent....

Just a toxic mindset I can't fuck with

lol

Probably met @ZZOMBIE and didn't even know it.

So you know..

Nigeria is a country of more than 250 nationalities... Different languages and cultures with an estimated 180 million people

I as a Nigerian can be talked down on by another Nigerian...

I live in the UK and my interactions with black brothers and sisters from the Carribean is excellent... I only see BLACK

I as a Nigerian can be talked down on by another Nigerian...

So true...I think that gets lost on a lotta Black americans cause they experience with Africans is limited...I once met a fine ass girl online, told me she was Nigerian...I hit her with the "Oh, bawoni!"...She told me, "No, I'm Igbo, we don't speak that rubbish!"...Lol, and that's just some of the division amongst Nigerians...When you start talmbout country to country it gets een crazier...Like I said my ex's Ghanian family wasn't fuckin with me at all just because I was Nigerian...

So true...I think that gets lost on a lotta Black americans cause they experience with Africans is limited...I once met a fine ass girl online, told me she was Nigerian...I hit her with the "Oh, bawoni!"...She told me, "No, I'm Igbo, we don't speak that rubbish!"...Lol, and that's just some of the division amongst Nigerians...When you start talmbout country to country it gets een crazier...Like I said my ex's Ghanian family wasn't fuckin with me at all just because I was Nigerian...
Oh, so they don't like all black people....?

Broad generalizations like usual. Lmao

I've been to various countries in West Africa and it was all love. I've also experienced some assholes in Japan and stateside with African brothers but overall it's been mostly good experiences.

I do kinda understand the logic of immigrants in general that come to America and have a jaded view of Americans because the immigrants mostly stick with each other out of necessity initially. I know when I lived in Japan I initially hung around Americans until I felt comfortable with getting out on my own. While I was in Japan it was for work so I wasn't competing with the natives for work. These immigrants that come to America or any country other than their own go their to better life for themselves and their family. They are competing against the natives so their mindset is usually different than the natives.

No Beef.

The Africans need to call out their coons and bed wenches who talk down on Black Americans. That's all, you call out the ones who put down black folks.

These immigrants that come to America or any country other than their own go their to better life for themselves and their family. They are competing against the natives so their mindset is usually different than the natives.

Yep...A lotta times they don't have that mentality of "we should all stick together cause we Black"...American Blacks adopted that mentality out of necessity and when you raised here you get it...But the immigrants who come here for the "dream" just lookin out for their family and CERTAIN folk from their country...

I'm open minded enough to entertain that it may not be EVERYONE.

But my personal experiences have been heavily dominated by negativity.

And it always feels personal.

So naturally my defense is going to be skeptical.

And I'm perfectly okay with that. I don't think anyone should be so desperate for acceptance that they ignore clear signs of content. So I'm good in my assessments.

I'm open minded enough to entertain that it may not be EVERYONE.

But my personal experiences have been heavily dominated by negativity.

And it always feels personal.

So naturally my defense is going to be skeptical.

And I'm perfectly okay with that. I don't think anyone should be so desperate for acceptance that they ignore clear signs of content. So I'm good in my assessments.

I've seen you talk about this before and you have actual multiple experiences that have shaped your opinion. I like the fact that here you are saying here that it may not be everyone because some people will chalk up their few experiences as the norm.

I do know quite a few native Africans living in America. Some I met in college, many after. The ones I call friends are extremely good people, and I genuinely love them all.

And a lot of them understand where I'm coming from, cuz they come from families that fit that description.

THEY are the ones who break the mold and step out and make friends with black Americans.

And each one of them had a "conversation" with me about my name before....

It's like an elephant in the room, even when I don't make it one.

I do know quite a few native Africans living in America. Some I met in college, many after. The ones I call friends are extremely good people, and I genuinely love them all.

And a lot of them understand where I'm coming from, cuz they come from families that fit that description.

THEY are the ones who break the mold and step out and make friends with black Americans.

And each one of them had a "conversation" with me about my name before....

It's like an elephant in the room, even when I don't make it one.

You ever done an ancestry test?...Or tried to look up your family's records?

The only thing most West Africans would say that us Black Americans do not have any culture

Yeah, a lot of them don't understand the extent of Black American culture beyond rap videos and tv shows...

Been watchin this guy's youtube channel a lot...Ghanian dude that travels all around Africa trying to shed light on what Africa is really like and the differences and similarities of each country...

Like the 80's was crazy....

Mad black folk was trying to reconnect and give their children genuine African names..... And I feel like that caused crazy division.... Cuz Africans..... They don't like that shit

One of my uncles (RIP) married a white woman in the 70's. ALL 8 of their kids have strong African names... and they're all a bunch of extra lite-brites with one of them taking all the white genes from her mother so she looks like a straight-up white girl with an African name.

Two of my younger sisters and my stepsister all have African names thanks to their father (my pro-Black stepfather).

A lot of people in the community back then (late 70's/early 80's) was on that kick. Somehow names like Adebowale and Obasi devolved into "Dayronte" and the like in the years since then.

"What... did names like Mustafa and Akbar become to hard to spell?" - Frank.

Last edited:
Back