Welcome To aBlackWeb

Billboard Pulls Young Black Man's Song From Country Charts

OhMars

MEH!
Billboard told rapper Lil Nas X to take his horse and giddy up when they decided to remove his viral hit "Old Town Road" from their country charts because they determined it wasn't country enough.

The song , which debuted on the charts just three weeks ago, has been turned into a meme on social media app Tik Tok. It features references to the Western-themed video game "Red Dead Redemption 2," and plenty of cowboy imagery in its lyrics, but also a trap beat and a softly plucked banjo from a Nine Inch Nails sample.

The song debuted at No. 19 on Billboard's Hot Country chart for the week of March 16, between Kelsea Ballerini and Morgan Wallen. In a story first reported by Rolling Stone, Billboard removed the song from the country chart, although it remains on rap/hip hop charts and reached 32 on the all genre Hot 100 chart.

I wish billboard was as protective of hip-hop, this that bullshit.

this why i keep saying everybody from the basement fruity loops producers to the marquee producers need to stop working with white people

rappers included

stop collaborating with the Post Malone's of the world
Thing is they look at it like they making money so fuck the culture.

Crazy how many of our people support the destruction and rape of our culture and then its our people who support them.
We can't destroy or assist and then complain.
We need a thread on it.....I need to get some shit off my chest . Alot of fuck niggas round these parts.

How many talentless black people are in country?

How many talentless people can be in rap?

giphy.gif

Billboard told rapper Lil Nas X to take his horse and giddy up when they decided to remove his viral hit "Old Town Road" from their country charts because they determined it wasn't country enough.

The song , which debuted on the charts just three weeks ago, has been turned into a meme on social media app Tik Tok. It features references to the Western-themed video game "Red Dead Redemption 2," and plenty of cowboy imagery in its lyrics, but also a trap beat and a softly plucked banjo from a Nine Inch Nails sample.

The song debuted at No. 19 on Billboard's Hot Country chart for the week of March 16, between Kelsea Ballerini and Morgan Wallen. In a story first reported by Rolling Stone, Billboard removed the song from the country chart, although it remains on rap/hip hop charts and reached 32 on the all genre Hot 100 chart.

I wish billboard was as protective of hip-hop, this that bullshit.

This the best country song ever

Back