Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bigger fall off G unit or Dipset?

I can still ride thru the city windows down blasting classic dipset

But I cant play Gunit songs in the whip anymore, I cringe anytime I hear people playing Gunit records in 2018 let alone blasting in the whip.

I think GUnit just got too corny too fast, Bucks what that dude but that was it for me.

I was living in NY at the time, and though Dips had a movement, y’all are exaggerating the hell out of it. Besides the splash paint/colorful outfits and a few songs here and there, that’s all it was. G Unit, because of 50 was a dominant force in entertainment.

I get what you're saying. Part of what made Dipset so memorable was the way they dressed. Not just wearing pink but their whole style. But I think that's what the Dipset fans are saying (including me). The way G Unit dressed was like everybody else at the time. Dipset had their own look.

Look at the way they dressed in this video. Nobody was dressing like that at the time

I was living in NY at the time, and though Dips had a movement, y’all are exaggerating the hell out of it. Besides the splash paint/colorful outfits and a few songs here and there, that’s all it was. G Unit, because of 50 was a dominant force in entertainment.

This

Not really but ok. Most people in NY dressed like that during that time. They just picked some fresh shit for the video. I see what you’re saying but again, it was notable at best

Its more than that. People in NY COULDN'T dress like that because those clothes were custom made. Your average Hip Hop fan doesn't have enough money to hire a tailor to make outfits like that.

Stop this

So 50 and Game didnt make niggas forget about Banks & Buck during their run?

its true bruh

but back to the topic at hand..

you can even put their hits side by side (Not including solo tracks) and Dipset would still win

Growing up in philly around that time (02-05) dipset definitely had a huge following I wont deny that

But the gunit wave was on another level

And like other ppl said gunit had a national following you could go to cali or down south and you'd be more likely to hear gunit being bumped over dipset

That's why gunit had the bigger fall off to me because they fell farther down than dipset

G Unit moved has influence, HAD a successful clothing line, and everyone in that crew went at least gold.

Nah bruh

50 tried to get those shoes moving but Game shit all over them during the beef so niggas werent even checking for em

D-Block was bigger than Dipset.

I'd say Dipset and D-Block were about even with Rocafella and G Unit being the top two crews.

Having said that, Dipset was on Rocafella so the real question might be who was bigger G Unit or Rocafella?

Then you throw Shady/Aftermath in the mix and it's Jay/State Property/Dipset vs 50/G Unit/Eminem/D-12

G Unit/Shady/Aftermath sold waaaaay more records than Rocafella/State Property/Dipset so the answer to the O/P is G Unit/Shady/Aftermath fell off harder because they were selling twice as many records as Rocafella/State Property/Dipset.

Now in 2018 Jay and Eminem are still going platinum but everybody else is yesterday's news.

D-Block was bigger than Dipset.

giphy.gif

only on the internet
Gunits last album was TOS, sold 270k

Diplomatic Immunity broke 100k

The units worst outing as a collective did better than dips most acclaimed industry release as a collective..

That's just on sales

Impact wise, u can say dipset has more of a closer influence to what u hear now..but the whole beefing/trolling thing that's moving now is 50

The mixtape game that dipset had on lock was revolutionalized by gunit..

In essence the unit handed that off to the dipset when they blew..

Their ceiling was the units floor

Back