Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Biden to officially nominates Kentanji Brown Jackson for US Supreme Court. Update: KBJ becomes 1st Blk woman Confirmed to the SCOTUS

I think we all know that the whining, suggestions, accusations and innuendo would still be exactly the same... "She only got the job because she's a black woman" or on the other side... "he's just pandering"

It is what it is.

Yes, but those claims are a lot emptier when the person doing the hiring doesn't actually come out and say "I'm only hiring a black woman."

Yes, but those claims are a lot emptier when the person doing the hiring doesn't actually come out and say "I'm only hiring a black woman."

Nah. They're still the same claims regardless.

Dude is basically saying "we need to desegregate the supreme court after 200 whole ass years" and you think he should... do that politely?

These racists are consistently loud, obnoxious, ignorant and violent in how they enforce white supremacy... why the hell would we police someone challenging them because it's too confrontational?

Nah. They're still the same claims regardless.

Dude is basically saying "we need to desegregate the supreme court after 200 whole ass years" and you think he should... do that politely?

These racists are consistently loud, obnoxious, ignorant and violent in how they enforce white supremacy... why the hell would we police someone challenging them because it's too confrontational?

Lol It's not about politeness. For any job, people should be chosen based on their qualifications. The whole identity politics that goes into everything is bad, but racists have made it necessary. Biden basically played into their hands by announcing that identity politics were at play in his selection. It didn't help anything for him to do that either. He just broadcast it like that because he wants cheap brownie points with black people. The administration continues to not do anything substantive but points to diversity in hiring as being the proof that they care. It's a sham.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you, I, or the racists think. If some of the women being considered came out and said it made them feel a little like "Affirmative Action" his to have it put out there like that, then it wasn't handled in the best way

Lol It's not about politeness. For any job, people should be chosen based on their qualifications. The whole identity politics that goes into everything is bad, but racists have made it necessary. Biden basically played into their hands by announcing that identity politics were at play in his selection. It didn't help anything for him to do that either. He just broadcast it like that because he wants cheap brownie points with black people. The administration continues to not do anything substantive but points to diversity in hiring as being the proof that they care. It's a sham.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you, I, or the racists think. If some of the women being considered came out and said it made them feel a little like "Affirmative Action" his to have it put out there like that, then it wasn't handled in the best way

You see how you went from saying him telegraphing he was going to appoint a black woman was ammunition for racists to be racist to now saying it does a disservice to the black women who are now being considered after centuries of being ignored? That's the reason I can't really engage with you on this topic. It's like punching a bag of jello.

You see how you went from saying him telegraphing he was going to appoint a black woman was ammunition for racists to be racist to now saying it does a disservice to the black women who are now being considered after centuries of being ignored? That's the reason I can't really engage with you on this topic. It's like punching a bag of jello.

Go back and read my posts. I've made that point three times now. Just because you've ignored it doesn't mean I didn't say it.

And you're not even engaging with me. You're not making an actual argument, you're just being contrarian. I have given two reasons why Biden's handling of this is stupid. You have yet to give one for why it wasn't. Yes, it's great and right that a black woman was considered, but why am I wrong for saying that Biden should have selected a black woman and highlighted her qualifications rather than just coming out before hand and saying he was going to select a black woman? Don't act like I'm being difficult in the conversation when you're not actually saying anything of substance.

If this is true I can't fuck with her.

Yeah, I could almost............almost............understand if she made the ruling before an agreement had already been made.

But she made this decision after Lockheed Martin had already agreed to a $22 million settlement.

Can't wrap my head around that.

She basically went out of her way to make sure those black workers didn't get anything.

Jackson also ruled that the proposed settlement was not fair, reasonable and adequate because many Black employees would be abandoning potential discrimination claims without knowing what they were giving up and what monetary compensation or other relief they were likely to get in return.

Every one of Lockheed’s Black employees would have had to give up all rights to sue the company for any kind of past discrimination to obtain a settlement in this one particular case, which challenged one particular employment practice of the company. Jackson believed that trade-off was unfair.

That nomination got black people happy and talking about Biden like this also didn't happen.

Biden makes his midterm message clear: ‘Fund the police’

With homicide rates increasing in some major cities, support waning for reducing police funding and Republicans aggressively pushing a “law and order” midterm message, President Biden declared in his State of the Union address this past week: “The answer is not to defund the police. It’s to fund the police. Fund them. Fund them.”

Although this has long been Biden’s position, the blunt statement brought Republican lawmakers to their feet in applause, provided a bumper-sticker-size sound bite to Democrats running in swing districts and confirmed to dismayed activists that the once-widespread desire to overhaul policing has lost its momentum.

ok-expected.gif

Ok, so........I'm assuming the black workers ended up suing Lockheed Martin for all the things they wouldn't have been able to sue them for under the settlement right?

I'm also assuming they won these lawsuits, and got a lot more than the $22 million that they settled for.

So tell me, how much did they get?

$50 million...............$100 million.............$200 million?

Tell me how her decision ended up being what was best for those workers?

And how much better off they are now than they would've been if they took the original $22 million settlement.

But hey, what do I know?

I just listen to youtube niggas and take their word for it.

50 laughing in the car with Sean from Power clip.gif

Ok, so........I'm assuming the black workers ended up suing Lockheed Martin for all the things they wouldn't have been able to sue them for under the settlement right?

I'm also assuming they won these lawsuits, and got a lot more than the $22 million that they settled for.

So tell me, how much did they get?

$50 million...............$100 million.............$200 million?

Tell me how her decision ended up being what was best for those workers?

And how much better off they are now than they would've been if they took the original $22 million settlement.

But hey, what do I know?

I just listen to youtube niggas and take their word for it.

View attachment 787070

It seems like you're wholly commited to being wrong about this so... good luck with that.

Go back and read my posts. I've made that point three times now. Just because you've ignored it doesn't mean I didn't say it.

And you're not even engaging with me. You're not making an actual argument, you're just being contrarian. I have given two reasons why Biden's handling of this is stupid. You have yet to give one for why it wasn't. Yes, it's great and right that a black woman was considered, but why am I wrong for saying that Biden should have selected a black woman and highlighted her qualifications rather than just coming out before hand and saying he was going to select a black woman? Don't act like I'm being difficult in the conversation when you're not actually saying anything of substance.

I think he saying and it was not hard to get that she was going to face criticism anyway whether he highlighted her race or qualifications

Last edited:
Back