Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Best Movie Tournament (Rd1): John Wick vs Paid In Full

Better Movie?

• John Wick

• Paid In Full

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
John Wick cool and all but it's easily one of the biggest lies put on cinema. You mean to tell me 100 expert assassins can't kill one dude?

Also John Wick is basically a copy of the old Samurai movie where the Shogun sends all his killers to kill the master Samurai and his son. Still a great film

Paid In Full is a great film based on a true story which makes it so much better to me.

Like honestly, story wise John wick is very straight forward...

Paid in full has multiple things at play, all very relatable..

Again, the charismatic performances were really the biggest charm. Cam'ron playing Harlem's biggest gangster at the height of his popularity was some lighting in bottle shit...

I fucks with Keanu, but we gotta be honest, he's playing the same kinda dry character he plays in most movies..... This was not a stand out performance for him. This was by far and large cam's biggest role. And it was a good enough performance alone to get the vote here.

but it's also the true story connections. This movie had people talking.

I'm a part of just as many action movie groups as i am hip hop groups....

Paid in full was a bigger deal to the hip hop community then John wick is to the action movie community. You.gotta remember 2014 was the same year Raid 2 came out.....

Raid 2 would have gotten my vote against paid in full.....I saw both in theaters opening weekend....

Raid 2 had the whole theater way hyper than paid in full did.

But paid in full had the theater much more hype than John wick.

John wick was mostly a quiet, normal movie audience... With a few ooooh's and ahhhh's

Paid in full and Raid 2 were mad houses of people who about that culture having a night out with their friends.....

It's just different

It's just a few things I gotta consider when I make my pics....I saw a lotta these shits in the movies.

Movies like pineapple express, 40 year old virgin had people standing up and rolling down the isles laughing

Kill Bill, the raid, some of the MCU movies... Stand up cheers... Screams.....

So I mean, I factor all that in.... If I saw these when they came out.... How was the theater? Some movies really bring different reactions outta people

Reactions: GNS
It's just a few things I gotta consider when I make my pics....I saw a lotta these shits in the movies.

Movies like pineapple express, 40 year old virgin had people standing up and rolling down the isles laughing

Kill Bill, the raid, some of the MCU movies... Stand up cheers... Screams.....

So I mean, I factor all that in.... If I saw these when they came out.... How was the theater? Some movies really bring different reactions outta people
If we going off reactions in theaters Hustle and Flow must be one of the GOAT movies. Lol shit was a club outing but nah....

Shit was trash
If you watched this movie at a theater where the audience was mostly composed of 14-24yo young black kids from the city ... Your impression would be different.

That entire night was lit as fuck. That movie on the first watch was magic bruh.... It was a movie the WHOLE crew went to, on a night where everybody was there with their whole crew. That 9pm viewing was sick..... It was the same day after a big football game.... Everything about that experience was crazy

• Goat
Reactions: GNS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back