Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Berserk: The Golden Age Arc

Bruh. That third arc was uh, yeah....hmmm, not sure what to think really.

Griffen was a complete Savage yo. Fucking ol' girl and looking Guts right in the eyes the entire time. Took that shit from foreplay to missionary to doggy. I could have done without that tbh. What was the point?

Someone please help me make sense of this!
Manga is just pure demonic fam lol

Griffen was a complete Savage yo. Fucking ol' girl and looking Guts right in the eyes the entire time. Took that shit for foreplay to missionary to doggy. I could have done without that tbh. What was the point?

My guess...to know he can do it. Asserted his newfound powers, knowing Guts can't do a damn about it.

As for ole girl...she rejected him. So...he took it. There was nothin she could do about it either.

Japan appears to have a very different view of rape. The line between storytelling, misogynistic, and sexual deviance can get real blurry. The mangaka of Berserk is no different and I'd say Casca is one of the more fortunate rape victims in the manga. It gets worst later.

Far as the story goes I think Griffin always kind of knew Casca wanted him, but he never entertained it. Then Guts comes along becoming his best friend and lover of the woman that Griffin neglected. Griffin also knew that Casca chose to stay with him when his body was broken and that she refused Guts offer to leave the Hawks. Once Griffin decided to sacrifice all of them, he did the worst thing he could to his two most loyal for the usual bad guy reasons.

But I also wonder if Griffin had/has an ulterior motive that hasn't come into play yet when he raped Casca. Not sure if the anime covers it, but there's a reoccurring element that's a result of The Eclipse you'll see as you follow their adventures more.

Didnt read the whole thread cuz I'm not done with the movies.....but it's more than the 3 movies??? Is it a show too?

Be honest...I wasn't even gonna watch the 2nd one. B/c after the 1st one... I was like
b34a336f42928157fa50ba2b01780dec.gif
"...that's it??"

Then part 2 came out...
wee-bey-oh-shit_zpsfk4tkjie.gif
"...whoa"

then part 3...
drinking-vodka.gif

Heard about this. I'm trying to get into anime, but shits hard. Started one punch man but it's more background noise than anything

Be honest...I wasn't even gonna watch the 2nd one. B/c after the 1st one... I was like
View attachment 135094
"...that's it??"

Then part 2 came out...
View attachment 135096
"...whoa"

then part 3...
View attachment 135097

LOL, the shit starts as the usual fantasy tale then takes a nose dive into WTFville with a gasoline jacket to hell.

I can't stress enough that if you enjoyed the anime you NEED to read the manga. Even if you don't do the comic/manga thing, this is a case where you should make an exception. Kenturo Muira is one of the greatest mangaka you will ever see draw a page and the story he's written so far is more fucked up, yet more complex, than what the anime is probably allowed to show. It's also just great story telling and Guts is one the best protagonist I've ever read. You could almost say he's similar to Jamie from GOT with how he develops over time. The sad part is that Kenturo is on that GRRM shit. Berserk is over 20 years old and we still we may never get a conclusion to this shit.

I've always wanted to get into this series....But when I pick it up at the store or find online...I stop because I've heard about how horrifying the ending of the prologue is...

Didn’t casca almost get raped twice b4 it happened? It was her destiny that finally caught up to her. Can’t blame Griffith for that. He makes the impossible happen

Griffen was a complete Savage yo. Fucking ol' girl and looking Guts right in the eyes the entire time. Took that shit from foreplay to missionary to doggy. I could have done without that tbh. What was the point?

To go at Guts I think. Griffith knew they had a lil thing and Casca told Guts to leave the hawks.

Didn’t casca almost get raped twice b4 it happened? It was her destiny that finally caught up to her. Can’t blame Griffith for that. He makes the impossible happen

Twice? When?

Are you talkin about when Griff tried to throw himself on her when he was bandaged up?

LOL, the shit starts as the usual fantasy tale then takes a nose dive into WTFville with a gasoline jacket to hell.

I can't stress enough that if you enjoyed the anime you NEED to read the manga. Even if you don't do the comic/manga thing, this is a case where you should make an exception. Kenturo Muira is one of the greatest mangaka you will ever see draw a page and the story he's written so far is more fucked up, yet more complex, than what the anime is probably allowed to show. It's also just great story telling and Guts is one the best protagonist I've ever read. You could almost say he's similar to Jamie from GOT with how he develops over time. The sad part is that Kenturo is on that GRRM shit. Berserk is over 20 years old and we still we may never get a conclusion to this shit.
That is why I stopped reading and that was about 10 years ago now.

Last edited:
Lmao I googled the shit after I finished watching it. Ppl are BIG mad about Griffith raping Casca calling it unnecessary. Like....fam is a whole demon who sacrificed everybody he knew, why would Griffith (or this story) be above rape? And why do people's moral lines stop and end at rape? Again, this a demon who sacrificed everybody he knew. Fictional rape is not really the worst thing here lol.

Lmao I googled the shit after I finished watching it. Ppl are BIG mad about Griffith raping Casca calling it unnecessary. Like....fam is a whole demon who sacrificed everybody he knew, why would Griffith (or this story) be above rape? And why do people's moral lines stop and end at rape? Again, this a demon who sacrificed everybody he knew. Fictional rape is not really the worst thing here lol.
For me it wasn't that it was rape. It was the manner in which it happened. Dude fucked her seven ways from Sunday in front of a demon audience all while staring at your boy Guts, lol.

That shit was excessive, but fuck it, I wasn't mad at it. If their point was to show that Griffith went full amoral demon they stuck the shit out of that landing.

Twice? When?

Are you talkin about when Griff tried to throw himself on her when he was bandaged up?
I think when she first met Griffith, then during that battle when she was sick I think ol' boy tried then.

But speaking of bandaged Griffith trying to get some, that shit was hilarious, lol. Nigga couldn't stand, couldn't extend out his hands or anything and was straight dry humping Casca, lol. And she let him! She loved his dirty draws for real.

I know demon Griffith raped her cause she didn't give her consent in that moment, but I think under different circumstances she would have consented.

Back