Welcome To aBlackWeb

BENZINO says what we have all been saying for a while

If Em was really Royce's man, he'd handle this shit himself and tell Royce to fall back, understanding how this narrative continues to make Royce look.
This is Marshall's white privelege on display. He sits back while his "Black friend/pit bull" goes to bat for him.

This is also Royce designating himself Marshall's "protector".

Royce is the homie but it is what it is.

Nah, Benzino is right. Em was going to be big no matter what because he fit the bill for a rap Great White Hope.

I disagree... To an extent.

I was 15 when em dropped. Only white boys was jamming em. He wasn't getting love from the hood till Benzino kept mentioning him everywhere.

Couple that with the success of forgot about dre and you got a sympathetic powerhouse.

Benzino spoke power into em's career

I disagree... To an extent.

I was 15 when em dropped. Only white boys was jamming em. He wasn't getting love from the hood till Benzino kept mentioning him everywhere.

Couple that with the success of forgot about dre and you got a sympathetic powerhouse.

Benzino spoke power into em's career

You right that only white boys was fucking with Em at first. I think Dre is what made Em a bigger start though not Benzino.. I can't remember fully though. I was never into Eminem.

You right that only white boys was fucking with Em at first. I think Dre is what made Em a bigger start though not Benzino.. I can't remember fully though. I was never into Eminem.

Folks forget how close em was to being a Rap Rocker.

Who in the hood gave a damn bout em beefing with Nsync, Brittany Spears and Cristina Aguilera?

Enter Benzino...

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
I was in my mid 20s when Em dropped. He was on everybody's radar because of the Dre cosign.

Everybody agreed that he was good at putting words together, but his singles were horrible (The Real Slim Shady, Without Me, My Band, Just Lose It, etc.) I mean seriously, his singles couldn't have been any worse.

For somebody that's produced by Dr Dre his music was disappointingly below average.

Eminem had a couple of songs I liked but that's about it.

Having said that, I'm from Boston and I remember Benzino and the RSO Crew from the mid 80s. They were out around the same time as Run DMC, Whodini, and the Fat Boys. They were the local group that got played on college radio but the stuff coming out of New York was waaaaaaay better. I mean it wasn't even close. The Almighty RSO Crew's music didn't even sound professional. It sounded like a demo tape. It sounded like they made it in a studio and didn't get it mastered.

So I knew about Benzino when the Em/Benzino beef started. I knew that Benzino had been around for 15 years and never managed to get the ball rolling in his music career. Honestly, I took Benzino's side because he was right. At the end of the day everything happened exactly as Benzino said it was going to happen and Eminem is the biggest selling rapper of all time, which is exactly what Benzino said was going to happen.

I was in my mid 20s when Em dropped. He was on everybody's radar because of the Dre cosign.

Everybody agreed that he was good at putting words together, but his singles were horrible (The Real Slim Shady, Without Me, My Band, Just Lose It, etc.) I mean seriously, his singles couldn't have been any worse.

For somebody that's produced by Dr Dre his music was disappointingly below average.

Eminem had a couple of songs I liked but that's about it.

Having said that, I'm from Boston and I remember Benzino and the RSO Crew from the mid 80s. They were out around the same time as Run DMC, Whodini, and the Fat Boys. They were the local group that got played on college radio but the stuff coming out of New York was waaaaaaay better. I mean it wasn't even close. The Almighty RSO Crew's music didn't even sound professional. It sounded like a demo tape. It sounded like they made it in a studio and didn't get it mastered.

So I knew about Benzino when the Em/Benzino beef started. I knew that Benzino had been around for 15 years and never managed to get the ball rolling in his music career. Honestly, I took Benzino's side because he was right. At the end of the day everything happened exactly as Benzino said it was going to happen and Eminem is the biggest selling rapper of all time, which is exactly what Benzino said was going to happen.

Almost everything happened how he said. He was on some doom and gloom shit like if Em was successful then blacks would lose Hip Hop. That didn't happen. Em's success hasn't really impacted the ability of black rappers to become successful at all. It also hasn't made it any easier for white rappers to have lasting success.

Almost everything happened how he said. He was on some doom and gloom shit like if Em was successful then blacks would lose Hip Hop. That didn't happen. Em's success hasn't really impacted the ability of black rappers to become successful at all. It also hasn't made it any easier for white rappers to have lasting success.

Maybe it's not "easier for a White rapper to have lasting success". But now there's a sub-genre of music; White Rap.

Apathy
Evidence
Aesop Rock
Lil Ugly Mane
Esoteric
Bones
Snow
El-P
Atmosphere
NF
Ra the Rugged Man
Logic
Snow Tha Product
Eyedea
Vinnie Paz
Celph Titled
Ill Bill

Correct me if I'm wrong, but before Eminem there were very few White rappers. Now it's a complete sub-genre. I see people making their top 5-10 lists on Facebook and sometimes they list 5 White rappers and don't even have a Black rapper in their top 5.

I get it, White people can relate to White rappers moreso than Black rappers. I guess White rappers talk about things that other White people can relate to.

But it seems to me that the White Rapper sub-genre happened because of Eminem.

Maybe it's not "easier for a White rapper to have lasting success". But now there's a sub-genre of music; White Rap.

Apathy
Evidence
Aesop Rock
Lil Ugly Mane
Esoteric
Bones
Snow
El-P
Atmosphere
NF
Ra the Rugged Man
Logic
Snow Tha Product
Eyedea
Vinnie Paz
Celph Titled
Ill Bill

Correct me if I'm wrong, but before Eminem there were very few White rappers. Now it's a complete sub-genre. I see people making their top 5-10 lists on Facebook and sometimes they list 5 White rappers and don't even have a Black rapper in their top 5.

I get it, White people can relate to White rappers moreso than Black rappers. I guess White rappers talk about things that other White people can relate to.

But it seems to me that the White Rapper sub-genre happened because of Eminem.

Nobody in that list is super successful though. I believe there have always been rappers hanging around at that level. Hell, you list RA the Rugged Man and Ill Bill, but them dudes ain't exactly new. If I'm not mistaken, they were around when Em was getting big.

Back