Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Belly" 20 year Anniversary

Movie dope
Hype shot for the moon and tried for a classic. Scarface for the new era. Didn’t get there but I still remember it as a good movie

This shit Top 3 movies starring rappers

After Ox gets murked its over but b4 that......shhhhiiiitttttt!

If you got a problem with this movie you a square. Straight up

What's your other 2?

For me #1 is Who's The Man. That was the non-hip hop, hip hop movie w/ a bunch of rappers. That joint wasn't great by any means but that's my shit.

Nas as Sincere is one of his greatest losses. Haven't watched the movie since like 2000 because of that cringe worthy effort.

Decent and enjoyable movie for what it was but let's not make it more than what it is. Take away all of the A list rappers/singers and in all likelihood this would have been a straight to DVD release that no one would have heard of. With that said it was a decent movie.

Last edited:
Watching it now it’s a slightly above average movie as far as the plot. As a kid when this came out tho... highly influential. The cinematography was top notch. I can remember at the middle school dances tryin to roll up in the school with my friends the way DMX & Nas did in the clubs in the movie. It’s a fun watch looking back.

Last edited:
tumblr_p65pocw5JW1un8q27o1_400.gif

Hype Williams changed my life as a young aspiring artist and until now. Belly is so special and nothing has ever came out like it .Hype is like a art god to me man. I pray everyday he will make more movies and get more into music videos again. Dude is a fucking genius and deserve to be mentioned with the greatest film directors and artists of all time.

Nas and T-Boz are the worst actors I've ever seen. Every T-Boz scene was cringeworthy. Nas acts like a slow footed marble mouth ass nigga. The nigga has absolutely no feel for the scenes. None lol. T-Boz didn't do shit but whine. I don't even think she actually had real lines. I think they just told her what to bitych about and she just did that.

Method man was goofy as fuck.

DMX was acting like a nigga who thinks very highly of his acting skills. They're still bad bruh.

The whole Africa plot was dumb as fuck. It made no sense whatsoever. Niggas couldn't think of anything else? Why not do the same thing but make it Jamaica instead? I mean they were already going down there for the drugs so why not just move there Nas? Why go all the way the fuck to Africa? And why the fuck were they showing fucking Times Square when Nas was talking about how all that Africa was at the end? The fuck was that shit about?

The who plot about DMX being an informant trying to assassinate Dollar General Farakkan was mad stupid. That shit was unrealistic as fuck. C'mon now doggie. Is this a drug movie or what the fuck we doing here?

Overall there was just a bunch of mismatch of stories and plots that didn't vibe together. The movie was actually shot like it was supposed to be a TV show but was pit together as a movie.

Still a classic and the best Intro to any movie ever. Some really really dark shot scenes though so if you ever see it on bootleg it's horrible.

These niggas had like 7 plots lolololololol. Robbing niggas for money, The drugs from the Jamaican dude, selling drugs in Nebraska, That nigga Rico (Is you bout it bout it foo), X schooling the young niggas on the game, Nas having a family and trying to get out the game and spontaneously go to fucking Africa, X finding god and being an informant.

Horrbile acting in this scene. So bad that it's funny. Like why does this nigga randomly start playing pool? Also this nigga's crib is mad white down stairs but the nigga has the hue lights all upstairs lol. Hilariously classic movie.

Nas and T-Boz are the worst actors I've ever seen. Every T-Boz scene was cringeworthy. Nas acts like a slow footed marble mouth ass nigga. The nigga has absolutely no feel for the scenes. None lol. T-Boz didn't do shit but whine. I don't even think she actually had real lines. I think they just told her what to bitych about and she just did that.

Method man was goofy as fuck.

DMX was acting like a nigga who thinks very highly of his acting skills. They're still bad bruh.

The whole Africa plot was dumb as fuck. It made no sense whatsoever. Niggas couldn't think of anything else? Why not do the same thing but make it Jamaica instead? I mean they were already going down there for the drugs so why not just move there Nas? Why go all the way the fuck to Africa? And why the fuck were they showing fucking Times Square when Nas was talking about how all that Africa was at the end? The fuck was that shit about?

The who plot about DMX being an informant trying to assassinate Dollar General Farakkan was mad stupid. That shit was unrealistic as fuck. C'mon now doggie. Is this a drug movie or what the fuck we doing here?

Overall there was just a bunch of mismatch of stories and plots that didn't vibe together. The movie was actually shot like it was supposed to be a TV show but was pit together as a movie.

Still a classic and the best Intro to any movie ever. Some really really dark shot scenes though so if you ever see it on bootleg it's horrible.

These niggas had like 7 plots lolololololol. Robbing niggas for money, The drugs from the Jamaican dude, selling drugs in Nebraska, That nigga Rico (Is you bout it bout it foo), X schooling the young niggas on the game, Nas having a family and trying to get out the game and spontaneously go to fucking Africa, X finding god and being an informant.

Horrbile acting in this scene. So bad that it's funny. Like why does this nigga randomly start playing pool? Also this nigga's crib is mad white down stairs but the nigga has the hue lights all upstairs lol. Hilariously classic movie.

You buggin

Back