Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Belly" 20 year Anniversary

Maywood

FACTS
Image result for method man belly gif
MV5BMDJlNmNlNDEtMGJmZS00MzRhLTk1N2ItYmU3OGVhZGUwM2RiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM0NTU5Mg@@.jpg

Last edited:
7/10 I think cats was looking @ this from a different P.O.V , It was merely time for artists to pay Hype Williams back...

So Many quotables ,Classic Scenes ,characters ...

Years Later don't Let BET edit the shit outta the 1st time you saw these types of film(s)

ShorttermDefenselessAmazondolphin-max-1mb.gif

BellyGif4.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I thought it was nice Hype was able to make that transition from music videos to the big screen

I never really paid attention to how scenes and shit were shot in movies before

but belly had a lot of good ideas that just didnt really come together

paid in full >>>

Autobiography bio always gonna stand Out (P.I.F), I'm merely saying Hype , Nas & X did a great job for this being they're 1st stand alone
oh nah...i wasnt even looking at it from that standpoint

im judging it by the script/storyline

Belly had a decent plot, it was just poorly executed

PIF was flawless in both plot and execution of plot. Put it like this, Camron, was in a movie with two pretty damn good male actors, and he stole the show. He brought a level of authenticity to the role that made you understand where he was coming from. I had no idea who this story was based on prior to seeing the film tbh.

OTOH, belly was prominently with rappers. Not that its a bad thing, but you can tell that things just didnt come natural to them. I applaud the efforts for getting all those entertainers in a movie of this scale, but still, a lot of those scenes play like extra outtakes that werent supposed to make the movies.

wasn't belly like 4 or 5 of nas's songs?

mad quotables......the visuals were amazing....

X's charisma stole the show IMO....

it was great for it's time, even though tha shit would prolly get crucified if it came out today

i did enjoy it for what it was...that doesnt make it exempt from legit criticism as a film

True, but to compare Belly to something that was done by more professional people with a bigger budget is just petty IMO

Back