Welcome To aBlackWeb

Peacock Bel-Air (Season 2)

The new series, entitled Bel-Air, will be directed, co-executive produced and co-written by Cooper alongside Chris Collins (The Man in the High Castle, The Wire), who will also be serving as executive producer and showrunner on the project. The story will be a serialized one-hour dramatic spin in the modern day that will follow the original premise of Will’s journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the titular gated community and will dive deeper into the conflicts, emotions and biases the comedic sitcom were only briefly able to explore or were unable to touch upon in its 30-minute format.

This is dope. I thought the fan made trailer was dope. Good to see homie's work pay off for him in a major way.

lol I never really understood why something like this bothers people. Whether this gets made or not makes no difference for the original. It's not like it will disappear or suddenly become bad just because something new exists.
That's where we differ..

You can say that the best team in the NBA of all time was the bulls in their best season. That's debatable with others but cool. But as the years go on and the nba gets watered down due to rule changes and the level of play. As the game is spaced out, scores sky rocket and defense becomes less prominent. Comes a time with a team that finds a way to get pure shooters at every position that can out score teams and win and secure a great record. That team will get held in the same convo as the greatest.

No..no...no...ur not gonna water down product and hold it to the standard of greatness.

That's where we differ..

You can say that the best team in the NBA of all time was the bulls in their best season. That's debatable with others but cool. But as the years go on and the nba gets watered down due to rule changes and the level of play. As the game is spaced out, scores sky rocket and defense becomes less prominent. Comes a time with a team that finds a way to get pure shooters at every position that can out score teams and win and secure a great record. That team will get held in the same convo as the greatest.

No..no...no...ur not gonna water down product and hold it to the standard of greatness.

:huh2:

Horrible analogy.

That's where we differ..

It's not about watering down a product though. It's not like they are taking the old show and then adding a couple subpar seasons to it. I could understand your point. They are doing something completely different. If you decide this isn't for you and decide not to fuck with it at all, you still have the old series to go back to and its unaffected.

This a revinsioning though. It's not trying to be like the original. It's taking the concept and exploring it in a different way. To me that's a little different than a lot of the remakes and sequels that really just try to beat a dead horse.

Ding ding!!

To these other nigs its called art..being creative like when an musician takes someone's song and creates a different version of it.

Nah it ain't..if you are going to try to duplicate greatness, duplicate greatness.

Goldie made a statement about this being like puff on the remix. Puff took those songs..the energy of what those songs were
.and duplicate that energy in a modern sound.

He didnt take diana Ross and make a sad song..he made energetic mo money mo problems

You dont take what the fresh prince was and reimagine it dark....fuck yo vision, envision something else

Ha ha @ at calling the fresh prince of bel-air greatness...stop stop!! It was a funny sitcom. Memorable for us..but greatness...emmm I dont know about that.

And apparently Will and Quincy Jones likes this "dark/Nah" version.

Shame some nigs don't get art.

What would you consider a great sitcom..give me three

It was a great sitcom..to me you acting like the shows was above so much that it shouldn't be touched...like sorry

Sitcoms are meant to be funny, silly and good..but masterpieces...nah

Plus this isn't a reboot to which I would see all your points, but this is just a different spin/look using the original concept.

Which all artist do in every aspect of life and art.

That's where we differ..

Nah, try this again.
Ha ha @ at calling the fresh prince of bel-air greatness...stop stop!! It was a funny sitcom. Memorable for us..but greatness...emmm I dont know about that.

And apparently Will and Quincy Jones likes this "dark/Nah" version.

Shame some nigs don't get art.

FOH,

FP was a great show. Not a great black show, a great show period.

This is not up for debate.

lol Why are people calling the show dark. There was nothing dark about it. It just has a more serious tone. It's not like the trailer had Will going around robbing and raping while he was acclimating to his new surroundings.

Ha ha..seriously.

No diss...but

Noone has even let 10 mins of the shit play out and it's "nah"

The producer n writer which already have done other stuff got the original creators onboard including Will

How nigs sound saying it wouldn't work..its already becoming more than what the creator thought it was going to be...

Like the idea has worked before..see MTVs teen wolf ..

Its startin to become the "It" thing to do. Muthafuccas don't even wait til a script is written b4 they start trashing. Lol!

Back