Welcome To aBlackWeb

Being confrontational in the black community

i been known these things. but it's still a discussion worth having.....bcuz we as a people are angry, and we tend to be overly confrontational.
i don't' like stating problems without solutions..

but "just letting shit slide" is very very difficult, so i figured i make a thread to talk about it...

but i been aware of the consequences of my actions
is it really tho?

just letting shit slide seems to be fucking with your pride.
your pride means more to you than your kids?

so if i have a gun and want to kill someone....i can easily draw you into a fight to give me reason to kill you?

I feel some things are not worth it. I had to speak to a friend about this not too long ago. People are crazy out here and are trigger happy. One little confrontation could be the end of your life over what? Because somebody want to be an idiot on the road or is being an ass? Naw I'm good, if it isnt absolutely necessary then I'm going on about my life and not giving it any of my energy.

I feel black people are so aggressive, again, Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome. These are characteristics that have been passed down from generation to generation. Not to mention the communities a lot of us were brought up in, where you HAVE to be aggressive to thrive and/or survive. And to be honest think about it, with our past and us still living amongst our oppressors; Generations of discrimination and being treated unfairly, and yet we are still here living among the ancestors of the people who did our ancestors so raw, there is definitely some underlying aggression there. The government has not even apologized for what they did. They know if they did they would be admitting to doing wrong and would have to come off them reparations. Instead they tell us to get over it lol and then wonder why so many of us are aggressive. Man this stuff gets so deep. Black people have a lot of healing to do, I just dont ever see it happening while we are still in this America, where they dont even give a damn about their own-- and definitely dont give a shit about us. Michael Jackson was tryna tell y'all mayne.
and as i always do....the parents have a role in things like this.

cant be angry around your kids...otherwise thats why and how they learn to deal with shit.

their is a such thing as talking it out in the hood....niggas just think it means you a punk because THEY want to see a fight.

once you take away the crowd pushing you to fight...its easier to control the fight.

So... while picking up my daughter from practice this particularly windy evening, the left side of the gate leading out had blown shut, this woman was sitting on the right side blocking traffic from exiting. (Didn't know it was a female at the time)

Naturally I had to get out of the truck and open the left side as I did I made sure the mother fucker in the blue Rav 4 got a good look at me and heard me say "You cain't get the FUCK OUT THE DAMN WAY?!?!"
She gave that "what I do" look.

Then the other day this woman tried to get across the median as I was merging into, I she saw me yell "Are you fucking kidding me"

She gave me this gesture like she was sorry and to calm down at the same time.

Seems shes trained..
you just angry......

only nigga to bite down hard on oatmeal cuz you angry in the morning.

This is my thing.

Can't stand when people WANT to be rude....

Shits ridiculous.

Smh

@Mr Litty
io said it a few times before and ill say it again.......

you and @Black_Samson would be niggas i would be fighting all the time.
i stayed fucking with people and yall over the top with reactions....we would have fought at least 10 times if i grew up with you niggas

We all have our flaws.

I just pray my anger never takes me away from my children.

I practice patience
dude.....dont take this the wrong way......but you cant fall back on we all have flaws.

you are not giving it the importance it requires.
you basically just shrugs your shoulders at something that can damage generations of your bloodline.

as men ...we have to guide our future generations by how we move now.
there is always a picture bigger than you. but your actions can make the bigger picture bad or good. either the picture is gonna be picasso or its goona be a tag on a old busseat.
you are the door that is supposed to stop fuckery from coming into the house thats your family.

with no door, anyone can walk into your house and take and do as they please.
that affects your wife, mom and kids.....who then have kids and they are affected also by your decisions. as will their kids.

just saying....dont let a nigga who parked across two parking spots change the trajectory of generations because you couldnt control your temper over something so minuscule.

you could be being set up to be a great person by going thru trials. you could change the path of alot of dudes stuck in the hood.
but we wont know if you dead or in jail.

dont be selfish

We need to lash out in crackers
Exactly.....
Most of our anger comes from the conditions we are forced in.
Do we have two kinda people to be mad at.
White people who did this and continue to benefit from it.
And black people who help destroy those same communities and make them worse.

It's not being selfish, it's being responsible.

You have to be aware of who you are for every reason you listed.

Trying to pretend that you can be someone else to fulfill some hypothetical future that sounds good in theory will have you frustrated when your true nature fights it's way through....

I may have my moments of weakness, but I am very aware of my actions, and I can work my way down to the point I can offer these coping skills to my children when they face emotional distress.

I am not in the habit of hiding or trying to mask my emotions.

My aim is to embrace them and redirect it into a constructive direction.

But we do have to acknowledge them, which is why I made this thread......

To address it first

I hear and respect your point.

Addressing it first is a great start. But like in the other thread...

This all comes back to your "why".

And before I leave it alone....Malcolm x was once a street nigga.
You don't what your future holds.

I hear and respect your point.

Addressing it first is a great start. But like in the other thread...

This all comes back to your "why".

And before I leave it alone....Malcolm x was once a street nigga.
You don't what your future holds.

And Malcolm kept it more G than anyone imaginable....

malcolm-x-carbine-ebony.jpg

Back