Welcome To aBlackWeb

Baltimore Student Passes 3 Classes In Four Years, Ranks Near Top Half Of Class With 0.13 GPA

Everyone fucked up. And people saying he should just get his GED...lets be real, he not going to take that test or study for it. Maybe when hes older and realizes how much he fucked up, he'll circle back for his GED

I don't think anyone here is blaming the kid. He's a kid. He's gonna do what the fuck the school and his parents let him do. Of course something is wrong with the school. I don't even think we need to go into a discussion about that. But gotdamn, man. Whether we want to accept it or not, it's our responsibility as parents to make sure that these institutions aren't failing our kids.

I know we all want to be able to just drop our babies off at school in the morning and just be able to trust that they are getting everything they need there and that we'll be notified if not. But that ain't the case. And I refuse to believe that a mother of a black boy in fucking BALTIMORE doesn't understand that.

We gotta get @Duwop in here and see if he knows anything about that school specifically. Cuz that's fucking ridiculous.

I dont disagree with you at all. Heres my issue.

1. Some parents are trash
2. Some parents, especially ones from poor communities, have to work so many hours to provide they dont have the time and energy to stay on top of their kids schooling. This aint a topic of right or wrong. this is just facts.

The issue im having is every student has their own set of circumstances. But the school does not.

The school is a public building ran by the govt as a service by said govt as part of our social contract with the govt.

In that context, a school where a gpa of 0.13 puts you in the top half of the class shouldnt exist. That shit means the govt failed. People in charge of this school and district need to he held accountable and fired.

That school is fucked.

It's like 100 kids there just like him. I never heard of the school before honestly. It wasn't around when I was in school, and it doesn't have the kind of program where anyone who doesn't go there is even aware of it.

I never heard of a sports team, or anybody saying a kid or a peer going there.

My thoughts is it's one of those over flow buildings for that community for kids that are too problematic to go to a regular school.

Either way the school is fucked. It's not doing it's job.

The parent is 100% fucked. The entire city is amazed that she even went to the news with 0 accountability. No one understands that. Like yes the school is wrong... But that parent wilding. Hard.

And finally, that kid don't give a fuck. He missed like 90% if the days in school. Shits a game to him. He's too deep. Hate to say it, but his parents and the school failed him. And undies he gets help himself... Hm he's pretty much doomed.

This story does accomplish one thing though

Let's parents know they need to be more active.. Cuz if you don't give a fuck about your kid..... The school won't for you ??‍♂️

The school is failing that student, but his mother did him an even bigger disservice. You have to be invested in your kids education and future. We all know the system we live in.... we don't get the luxury of not caring and not trying.

She works three jobs if you don't hear negative stuff about your kid at school I could fully understand her assumin' things are cool
Naw, parents get report cards every quarter. If she was ok with the terrible grades and multiple absent days, means she has the bar set super low or really just cared he passes regardless of the grades. She could have reached out to the school about the grades absent days but didnt. But the school did fail them super hard.

Schools like that need to come to the attention of the community so they can be shut down. Performance wise his 0.13 gpa or whatever was top half of his class

Top half.

The school needs to be ashamed. We need to know about it. It needs to be shut down or an immediate emergency plan for those kids needs to go into place.

That's for the children

The parents. I don't know what the fuck you do with them..... But we know they ain't doing the right thing or right by their children. That much is clear.

Every single one of my peers growing up have high school kids.... Even the most ratchet, thuggee out, ex+criminal sociopaths parents kids are doing better than that.

My home boy oldest two.... He went to jail, and his kids easily could have done what the fuck ever.... But the adults around them were able to step in even on top of our duties to make sure they both graduated.... And like with grades n shit.

His son in his 20's now... His own kid too... And he plays both sides of the fence between the good and street thing.... But my whole point is.... Too many people checked in on him to be like the kid in the story.

Even now I just pull over if I see him outside anywhere.. Just to make sure he good.

The only way this happens if nobody is checking in on you. Nobody expects better from you. Nobody will be proud or give you props for accomplishments. There's motivation there. Parents failed the fuck outta that kid. I know niggaz in jail who did better

This all around is a damn shame, everyone let that kid down including himself. When you get to high school you know what it is, he knows what his grades are so even if he's moving up he's got to know unless he's handicapped in some way that he's fucking up.

The mom should be embarrassed that she even went to the media with this information because I don't see how she couldn't realize that people are gonna look at her sideways, like where were you at this entire time. Hell we have parents now who we call everyday asking them please get their child, their responsibility, in the google class or zoom... And after 3 to 6 calls in a day from different ppl and maybe 9 times in the first three days of the week, we get ignored or cussed out for wanting to stay on top of their child.

And not just the school is screwing up, the damn board of education is too, how do they not know this is going on... either willful, negligent ignorance or incompetence. Also is this a public or private school?

Not sure how it works in Baltimore or the US in general but here once you got to high school level (grade 9) you needed 31.5 credits to graduate. (18 compulsory, 13 optional credits, 30 hours community service). You didn't necessarily have to pass the "grade" at that level you just kept going by your year expected to graduate and could choose to make up courses in summer school the first 2 years then you could make it up by plugging the failed courses into spares in your schedule the last 2 years. Beyond that if you didn't have the 31.5 then you had to go back to high school for extra semesters.

Assuming the system was something along those lines that's on him and his mom for not keeping up and the school for letting him and a bunch of students slip that far through the cracks.

I fucked around and needed an extra semester to do a bunch of grade 10 courses I failed. That shit sucked. All them kids knew I was 2 yrs older than them. It was embarrassing.

When a kid miss one day the school calls and let you know your kid was absent, it should never get to over a week worth of absences and the parent is clueless let alone the amount this kid had.

It don't matter how much the mom worked it's her responsibility to make sure her kid is taking care of his business. As a parent I would be embarrassed and I sure as hell wouldn't publicize my failure.

This school has to get shut down, how is a whole class failing. I wanna know what's the best GPA for that class if dude in this story toward the top.

When a kid miss one day the school calls and let you know your kid was absent, it should never get to over a week worth of absences and the parent is clueless let alone the amount this kid had.

It don't matter how much the mom worked it's her responsibility to make sure her kid is taking care of his business. As a parent I would be embarrassed and I sure as hell wouldn't publicize my failure.

This school has to get shut down, how is a whole class failing. I wanna know what's the best GPA for that class if dude in this story toward the top.

Why shut the school down without more info? This kid was late or absent 90 days a year. What's the school suppose to do about that? They sent home a report card saying he has all F's. Mom didn't care. What's the school suppose to do about that? If these problems aren't uncommon, can't blame the school.

Why shut the school down without more info? This kid was late or absent 90 days a year. What's the school suppose to do about that? They sent home a report card saying he has all F's. Mom didn't care. What's the school suppose to do about that? If these problems aren't uncommon, can't blame the school.

Something needs to happen. Can have a nigga that passed 3 classes in 4 years in the top 50% GPA Lololololol

Schools in Baltimore 100% call when the kids not there. But they gotta have a number to call, and it has to be a number the parent actually uses.

That parent failed in a million ways

Ignore personal responsibility too eh

No one is ignoring personal responsibility. I’m placing the personal responsibility right where it belongs...with his parents.

The kid was 14-17 when all this went down. We as a country have already decided that kids that age aren’t old enough to be held responsible for their actions really. That’s why we do t let them drink. Or drive. Or join the military. Or vote. Etc.

This is no different.

This is clearly No Child Left Behind at work.

I have said time and time again, that is THE most destructive thing to happen to the American School System.

He's gonna belong to the streets in two months or so, if he doesn't belong to them already. I don't see him sticking it out till 21. If his counslers gave a shit, they'd SERIOUSLY enroll him in the GED program.

Back