Welcome To aBlackWeb

As an Asian-American, I'm Tired of Being Racially Gaslit By My Peers

I wouldn't be surprised if a white person wasn't giving the homeless money or drugs to act up or do something stupid to create an issue

China's culture isn't cobbled together from things taken from other cultures from around the world like American culture is, so that's not really a good argument.
OK, better argument…

Serious question…

Canada has people from around the world (Americans included).

Do any Canadian cities close schools to observe any American ( or Chinese or French or Indian) holidays?

If so, then cool, I was wrong.

And for the record, I don’t care about kids getting a day off from school in New York… That ain’t my point.

My issue is with the obvious pandering.

This ties in with the whole “STOP ASIAN HATE” movement, among other things…

In the 400 + year history of this country, the House Of Representatives has NEVER passed an “ANTI-BLACK AMERICAN HATE CRIME BILL”.

But, some of y’all wanna make this about me complaining about kids getting a day off from school.

OK, cool…. Y’all got jokes.

OK, better argument…

Serious question…

Do any Canadian cities close schools to observe any American ( or Chinese or French or Indian) holidays?

And for the record, I don’t care about kids getting a day off from school in New York… That ain’t my point.

In the 400 + year history of this country, the House Of Representatives has NEVER passed an “ANTI-BLACK AMERICAN HATE CRIME BILL”.

But, some of y’all wanna make this about me complaining about kids getting a day off from school.

I honestly don't know what holidays Canada celebrates, but Canada and America aren't the same. Americans celebrate lots of holidays that are inspired by other cultures (e.g., Cinco De Mayo and St. Patrick's Day). This country was built on the idea/lie that it was a melting pot, so there has always been cases of cultural elements from other places being integrated into American culture. You see it through our food, music, style of dress, entertainment, etc... Why would our holidays be any different? I'm legit confused as to why you would see this as some kind of unique problem.

OK, better argument…

Serious question…

Nah you just moving the field goal

Your initial argument which was on topic got shutdown now you bring a overall valid point that doesn’t fit the topic

Back