Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are your children your legacy?

Just imagine being a pro black family and not raising your child to be that way because “they ain’t your legacy”

No one should take cultural advice from "gEt HiM tOgEtHeRrRrRr"

Your legacy consists of whatever you build, create, do, or are credited for. That includes your children which are literally your biological legacy.

I'm willing to bet that chick came up with that take after seeing fathers get celebrated last week. Unresolved daddy/baby daddy issues.
Screenshot_20210627-145810_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20210627-145527_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20210627-145605_Samsung Internet.jpg

Z2rL43.gif

I dont see it this way.

You are a part of a lot of things but you aint any of those things.

Just like a lot of things are a part of my legacy but my legacy aint none of those things by themselves

But as a son... you ARE a part of your parents legacy by default are you not?

No one should take cultural advice from "gEt HiM tOgEtHeRrRrRr"

Your legacy consists of whatever you build, create, do, or are credited for. That includes your children which are literally your biological legacy.

I'm willing to bet that chick came up with that take after seeing fathers get celebrated last week. Unresolved daddy/baby daddy issues.

You'd be wrong. It was actually a post in response to a tweet some dude made about how he doesn't understand how some people don't want kids because he felt that means they don't leave behind any legacy at all.

Screenshot_20210627-160803_Twitter.jpg

To answer the actual thread question though people's kids are their own person. Your legacy is the impact you leave on the people who knew you so they're part of it but they're not the only way to leave one

I'ma be real it's so annoyin' how my generation prioritise individualism over everything in every single way.

That's not something unique to the current younger generation or the one before it. That's an American ideal in general that gets pushed and indoctrinated in people in this country

Back