Poll Are Threads Locked Prematurely ?

Are threads locked prematurely

• Total voters
I'll engage until the folks that actually have an issue with this show up...

Can any of yall explain why the shit was initially closed... then reopened... then closed again?

Why the inconsistency on when you decide to close a thread especially if folks are still actively posting in it... unless someones shit got leaked.

Reactions: deadeye
I'll engage until the folks that actually have an issue with this show up...

Can any of yall explain why the shit was initially closed... then reopened... then closed again?

Why the inconsistency on when you decide to close a thread especially if folks are still actively posting in it... unless someones shit got leaked.
i closed it initially

and asked chi to close it the last time for the same reasons

we were spinning our wheels both times

it was more of the same shit just repackaged. A buncha misdirection and deflection from the issues that were at hand. A bunch of victim blaming and I mean, at what point is a good point that the shit is just enough. I asked the 3 females who were online during the time their thoughts as females. They gave them, and they were appreciated for whatever insight, little or big they gave.

then came the patronizing, antagonizing, messy posts followed by the "i'ma make something gay" comments from the peanut gallery. Lurk started 4/4 from the field, but ended the game 4/25. Elzo with the Elzo shit he always does, and etc...

like damn...like you really wanted to read what...another 10+ pages of that??

so the thread was closed.

i closed it initially

it was more of the same shit just repackaged. A buncha misdirection and deflection from the issues that were at hand. A bunch of victim blaming and I mean, at what point is a good point that the shit is just enough. I asked the 3 females who were online during the time their thoughts as females. They gave them, and they were appreciated for whatever insight, little or big they gave.

then came the patronizing, antagonizing, messy posts followed by the "i'ma make something gay" comments from the peanut gallery

Exactly. That thread was 47 pages long. It honestly stopped being fruitful after maybe page 25 or 30. Same niggas, saying the same things, to the same niggas, about the same shit over and over. Got to the point that niggas would get notifications for new replies, but still not check it out because we all figured it just be more bullshit to weed through. That shit ain't fun. Once a thread gets to that point, there is no reason for it to still be open.

Reactions: AP2.5
i closed it initially

then came the patronizing, antagonizing, messy posts followed by the "i'ma make something gay" comments from the peanut gallery. Lurk started 4/4 from the field, but ended the game 4/25. Elzo with the Elzo shit he always does, and etc...

bet... I can understand that... devils advocate here...with that being said... a case could be made that if people were still active in that thread, circular as the discussion may have been.. that might warrant keeping the conversation open.

More relies == more traffic == more revenue... etc. no?

I dun really give a shit at this point honestly and this will be my last post until someone who actually gives a shit about threads being closed makes their points/complaints known lol

bet... I can understand that... devils advocate here...with that being said... a case could be made that if people were still active in that thread, circular as the discussion may have been.. that might warrant keeping the conversation open.

I dun really give a shit at this point honestly and this will be my last post until someone who actually gives a shit about threads being closed makes their points/complaints known lol
nah

not at all

its the same 10 people having the conversation

no new people or thoughts have entered or have been expressed

and the issue at hand is still largely unresolved

then it just becomes a game of mental wits to see who can outlast who when it comes to being the most facetious with the "i'm smarter than you are" shit

or the very people who claim they detest a certain behavior start exhibiting that behavior then its "oh that was different"

outside of you and maybe 7 other non mod members, no one was offering any real substance. Just more "but but but"...

then we reached all the milestones to let you know the thread was at it end

we reached the "make something non gay...gay" segment (already mentioned"

we reached the "made it to the party late, but nothing to add" segment

we reached the "why cant the mods/what are the mods for/If i was mod" segment

we reached the "conflict here just saying shit for lol's" segment

we reached the "obscure poster who hadnt posted in months, but felt compelled to post as if they had been around all along" segment

do I need to keep going?

I honestly think keeping threads like that leads to LESS traffic. How many threads like that can a new person see before they decide to bounce? Or worse, a lurker reading the shit and being like 'Yeah, these niggas trash' and move on to somewhere else.

this will be my last post until someone who actually gives a shit about threads being closed makes their points/complaints known lol

I lied.

nah

not at all

its the same 10 people having the conversation

no new people or thoughts have entered or have been expressed

and the issue at hand is still largely unresolved

then it just becomes a game of mental wits to see who can outlast who when it comes to being the most facetious with the "i'm smarter than you are" shit

or the very people who claim they detest a certain behavior start exhibiting that behavior then its "oh that was different"

outside of you and maybe 7 other non mod members, no one was offering any real substance. Just more "but but but"...

then we reached all the milestones to let you know the thread was at it end

we reached the "make something non gay...gay" segment (already mentioned"

we reached the "made it to the party late, but nothing to add" segment

we reached the "why cant the mods/what are the mods for/If i was mod" segment

we reached the "conflict here just saying shit for lol's" segment

we reached the "obscure poster who hadnt posted in months, but felt compelled to post as if they had been around all along" segment

do I need to keep going?

So as a mod.. have you and the other mods came to an agreement on how to move forward regarding the topic of that thread? harassment and antagoniZing(had to correct the autocorrect smh) female posters or nah? And if yall have... yall gon share it with the board so muhfuckas know how to act going forward?

I honestly think keeping threads like that leads to LESS traffic. How many threads like that can a new person see before they decide to bounce? Or worse, a lurker reading the shit and being like 'Yeah, these niggas trash' and move on to somewhere else.

Fair point

• Haha
Reactions: Chicity
Titangraphs on titangraphs...just don’t lock the shit while it’s on the first page and ppl are still posting

yeah, we gonna roll it out soon

gawd this feel like the JayZ/NFL shit

"why they can just say what the plan is"

LAWD

• Haha
Reactions: Inori
Titangraphs on titangraphs...just don’t lock the shit while it’s on the first page and ppl are still posting
our definitions of titangraphs differ but at either rate...nah

shits only effected me a couple times

i'll go to vote or post in a poll thread and its closed

never got that deep into the arguments where I HAD to respond

Reactions: AP2.5
When mods find themselves looking bad yes. The threads are locked rather expeditiously.

This messy shit yall on does not help traffic tho. Find a new gimmick.

Freeman here now so i'm out...ya'll have a good afternoon/evening

he got it from here