Welcome To aBlackWeb

Arabs

If they call you "abeed" they call you "slave". Abeed is actually a pretty normal word to describe black people in the Arab world.

Why your name Allah U Akbar tho? But yea Arabs still practice slavery damn near in a lot of places. I view them like white Christians. Spread the faith but won’t change all their old harmful customs. And you would think with Arabia right across the water from Africa it would be better.

Why your name Allah U Akbar tho? But yea Arabs still practice slavery damn near in a lot of places. I view them like white Christians. Spread the faith but won’t change all their old harmful customs. And you would think with Arabia right across the water from Africa it would be better.

The proximity is kinda the problem though. Slavery in Africa was big business. A lot of the trade done between Africa and the Arab world was based around slavery. It wasn't like Arabs just decided Africans were the perfect slaves and stuck with them. African slaves just happened to be the easiest for them to come by.

Who threw capes on for anyone? lol Niggas just need to be more accurate about the shit that they say. Y'all always saying wrong shit and then running with it. Stop acting like people are sticking up for shitty human beings when all we're saying is that you need to be careful about who you're indicting with certain comments.

The proximity is kinda the problem though. Slavery in Africa was big business. A lot of the trade done between Africa and the Arab world was based around slavery. It wasn't like Arabs just decided Africans were the perfect slaves and stuck with them. African slaves just happened to be the easiest for them to come by.

true don’t help African leaders rolled with it but slavery was big business worldwide.

Who threw capes on for anyone? lol Niggas just need to be more accurate about the shit that they say. Y'all always saying wrong shit and then running with it. Stop acting like people are sticking up for shitty human beings when all we're saying is that you need to be careful about who you're indicting with certain comments.

he do that a lot bruh thought I had the capes on for Asians because I wasn’t cool with Chinese police beating on people in Hong Kong

he do that a lot bruh thought I had the capes on for Asians because I wasn’t cool with Chinese police beating on people in Hong Kong

You mad because I don’t give a fuck about Chinese people. Fuck em.

You give them your pity. I’ll pass on that.

You mad because I don’t give a fuck about Chinese people. Fuck em.

You give them your pity. I’ll pass on that.

that’s literally was not the argument tho. But you got it. you be giving white folks all the passes tho just cuz some be at the family reunion

This thread ignorant af. Arabs come in many different shades today but the term originates from the tribes that lived on the Arabian peninsula. These folk were not what we would consider as black. During the muslim conquest, they branched out and mingled with the native populations of the the rest of the middle east and north africa. Those that inhabit those places are berbers, arabs, and mixed breeds (legally recognized as Arab-berber). They, too, are not what any of us would consider black. Racially, arab is not historically black (if we go back to when the term originated). Politically, there's been a shift where the Arab world now encompasses all countries that embrace the Arab language and/or its culture and religion. With that has come a culture of disdain for those of darker skin tones as, historically, dark people were slaves of the "true" Arabs (they also enslaved other races, just not to the same extent).

There are no "true" racially black arabs, they are mix breeds. That's just a fact. Them motherfuckers are not white, either. There are no natural white races that close to the fucking equator in a hot desert.

View attachment 336245

Just to be clear.... You’re saying that this dude ain’t white?
Syrians are descendants of the levantines. Syria is also not on the Arabian peninsula, it's in the levant on the mediterranean. Syria is in the Arab world as a product of the conquests. Most syrians are a mix breed of levantine and arab. Because of the levantine in them, Syrians share features with europeans (levantines only diverged from the europeans ~12,000 years ago).

Syria =/= all Arabs. Syrians are politically and culturally Arab but they didn't see as much of a genetic influx as other parts of the ME and NA.

Edit: Syrians also vary on what features they show. Some favor europeans and some favor Arabs.

Last edited:
This thread ignorant af. Arabs come in many different shades today but the term originates from the tribes that lived on the Arabian peninsula. These folk were not what we would consider as black. During the muslim conquest, they branched out and mingled with the native populations of the the rest of the middle east and north africa. Those that inhabit those places are berbers, arabs, and mixed breeds (legally recognized as Arab-berber). They, too, are not what any of us would consider black. Racially, arab is not historically black (if we go back to when the term originated). Politically, there's been a shift where the Arab world now encompasses all countries that embrace the Arab language and/or its culture and religion. With that has come a culture of disdain for those of darker skin tones as, historically, dark people were slaves of the "true" Arabs (they also enslaved other races, just not to the same extent).

There are no "true" racially black arabs, they are mix breeds. That's just a fact. Them motherfuckers are not white, either. There are no natural white races that close to the fucking equator in a hot desert.
Cap.

Back