Welcome To aBlackWeb

Anybody had lasik eye surgery?

I been considering it for a while, I have astigmatism and it’s not too too bad but I’m tired of the contacts and glasses.

If anybody has had it done, how did it turn out? (any short/long term side effects?)

What was your eyesight like before?

How much did you pay for it?
Astigmatism aint that good with Lasik (meaning not 100% guaranteed). Mine worked thou. 1200, totally worth it.

I been considering it for awhile
Ive worn glasses since i was 5
Left eye im - 7.75 and right eye -7.5
Im blind af without glasses

Both eye doctors i seen told me to wait until i stabilize better, so in other words i have to go 12 - 18 months without my vision getting worse

Both eye doctors i seen told me to wait until i stabilize better, so in other words i have to go 12 - 18 months without my vision getting worse

That's true. The reason you have to wait is the procedure I laid out requires them to basically scrub off a layer of your eye. People with bad eyes have a really think layer. If your layer is too thin then they can't perform the procedure. I was really close to being too thin. When they examine you it's usually at least 9-14 months before you actually get the operation.

This is also why I said that it's not worth it to go anywhere that's not official. The best place to go is at a major hospital where they can do it there with the experts or they can give you a referral. Some of these other eye doctors and offices that be popping up or that you hear about on the radio or low budget TV commercials don't even factor in that year long wait period. That shit could be dangerous if ignored.

After getting half my contact stuck in my eye last night (it’s still in there somewhere) I’m closer to pulling the trigger on this

Literally just emailed my optometrist about contacts an hour ago. Tf.

After getting half my contact stuck in my eye last night (it’s still in there somewhere) I’m closer to pulling the trigger on this
you sleep with your contacts in? regularly?

Lmaoo

I can see but I gotta squint to read and shit

I'm distance. I gotta take em off to read shit that's up close. Especially when I'm on my phone or laptop. Anything past 6ft starts getting blurry.

I was mad as hell when I looked at the moon the first time I had glasses on and saw the detail. I knew my eyesight was deteriorating for years and did nothing cause I could see well enough it didn't stop anything in my day to day.

I'm distance. I gotta take em off to read shit that's up close. Especially when I'm on my phone or laptop. Anything past 6ft starts getting blurry.

I was mad as hell when I looked at the moon the first time I had glasses on and saw the detail. I knew my eyesight was deteriorating for years and did nothing cause I could see well enough it didn't stop anything in my day to day.

Lmao

My blurriness level is consistent at all distances but it’s not super bad, I can read books but have to strain

No I take em out every night. I had passed out on the couch for about an hour and when I woke up I had to peel them out. This is fairly common for me but I only have one rip in half maybe once a year.

Yeah imma just order new frame and lenses lol.

giphy (18).gif

No I take em out every night. I had passed out on the couch for about an hour and when I woke up I had to peel them out. This is fairly common for me but I only have one rip in half maybe once a year.
ahhh ok

this has happened to me before as well

one time i was rubbing my eye and it ripped but it also got lodged in my eye

that bitch came out a whole day later as I was ...you got it...rubbing my eye.

ahhh ok

this has happened to me before as well

one time i was rubbing my eye and it ripped but it also got lodged in my eye

that bitch came out a whole day later as I was ...you got it...rubbing my eye.

I spent a good 45 tryna get it out but couldn’t

The internet said not to worry about it if there’s no discomfort and it will come out eventually

Fuck that noise lmao. That's too crazy to deal with for a regular expense.

I thought about it years ago but I’m not big on any type of surgery unless it’s life or death but I haven’t heard too many bad reports about it

Back