Welcome To aBlackWeb

My response might be a rollover from the Fred Hampton joint...

I'm glad we're getting black movies with black leads and telling black stories more than before... and ima watch... but man id really like a black movie where it finishes and I dont leave with a combination of feeling pissed off, angry and sad.

Ima watch this shit... but still.. lol

Facts and it’s stories although rare where we didn’t die at the end

Plagiarism of what? Not criticizing. Just asking.

I'm guessing this...

The book is the first-person account of a young African-American woman writer, Dana, who finds herself being shunted in time between her Los Angeles, California home in 1976 and a pre-Civil War Maryland plantation. There she meets her ancestors: a proud black freewoman and a white planter who has forced her into slavery and concubinage. As Dana's stays in the past become longer, the young woman becomes intimately entangled with the plantation community. She makes hard choices to survive slavery and to ensure her return to her own time.

Trailer was misleading... story was ass.. and there was no real payoff in the end....

IMO
So the twist is depressing or it's like the village or something? I hear black people get fucked up in this film I'm good.

So the twist is depressing or it's like the village or something? I hear black people get fucked up in this film I'm good.

I wont go into much detail I'll put my response in a spoiler in case someone actually wants to watch this bullshit

Twist was village-like and nothing like the trailer implied. For all the bullshit the black folks were going through during this movie.. the ending was unsatisfying as fuck.

I wont go into much detail I'll put my response in a spoiler in case someone actually wants to watch this bullshit

Twist was village-like and nothing like the trailer implied. For all the bullshit the black folks were going through during this movie.. the ending was unsatisfying as fuck.
Yea fuck that movie

Back