Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW André 3000 - New Blue Sun

Man
I can't quite put it into words about my feelings about his interview but, that was some real ass shit

I feel both sorry and happy for him

I don't care if you 48 or 58. At that point in life you have plenty of experiences to draw from and to write or rap about

Take notes from the GOAT Nasir

You know that the final Tribe Called Quest album is about 7 years old now... released around this time frame, and 3000 was a featured artist on it too. And Guess what? it was bunch of 40+ dudes rappin rappin, including 3stacks himself. That turned out to be 1 of the greatest albums ever made which I'll listen to in my 80s and 90s

My point is Andre is making excuses why he don't want to rap anymore

Last edited:
If rap is no longer in him to do...then it ain't in him. Not sure why yall so angry about it. Lol.

I'd rather him not do rap album...than one where it's uninspired, and he's just doin it to appease yall. Naw. If that rap bug bites him again and he ends up doin an album...yall gonna support. Just like curiosity is gonna have yall checking out his album tomorrow.

The 'Dungeon' and Organised Noize (with Rico Wade in particular) you would argue shaped 3K's musical influences...

Listen to his old shit ...

This song popped up randomly on my playlist while I was working out last night... Mans is a wordsmith confirmed

The comparisons to say NaS are unfair with the album releases and content... Y'all should be thankful y'all are getting ANY music from a HipHop legend such as Andre Benjamin in 2023

The 'Dungeon' and Organised Noize (with Rico Wade in particular) you would argue shaped 3K's musical influences...

Listen to his old shit ...

This song popped up randomly on my playlist while I was working out last night... Mans is a wordsmith confirmed

The comparisons to say NaS are unfair with the album releases and content... Y'all should be thankful y'all are getting ANY music from a HipHop legend such as Andre Benjamin in 2023

I took what he meant was don't place boundaries on yourself. Nas, while ten years my senior has more relatable music to me at this stage in his career

Maybe rapping about colonoscopy will make niggas pay attention and go get them 🤷🏾‍♂️

While the interviewer asked some good questions, I still feel like he left a lot of ones out there. Andre seemed to be in a place where no question was off limits, so I would've loved for him to push back on Andre a bit

So according to yall he aint inspired to rap...did CTG just say he heard a 8 min track where 3k spazzed??? so which one is it, he inspired or not

Aight I just skimmed thru it and you gonna find this in Target by the meditation CDs

Last edited:

So I will say this is a good interview...33 minutes long

There are some things he spoke about I agree on like paparazzi and others I don't like rapping and subject matter.

But if this what makes him happy so be it.

I'm not supporting it but I won't clown him or call him Andre Pied Piper anymore. I'll leave the jokes to yall

People are only mad at him out of love they got for him. Theres probably no one on this earth that can outrap this guy

So him deciding to just stop doing it gotta be disappointing to every rap fan in some kind of way

Gotta respect it in the end its his decision. But its still a waste of such a unique talent

Thread has been hilarious. Amazed people aren't complaining more. He's revered as a top MC and comes out with this after such a long wait. It's ok to be upset lol

Back