Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW André 3000 - New Blue Sun

I'm also not understanding how this affects his legacy at all. Whether you have him in your top 5 or not, how does him putting out an album in another genre affect your perception of him as a rapper? lol

Some of ya'll act like dude put out 1 album and faded to black. Dude is generally considered to be the stronger half of what many consider to be the best group of all time and almost universally seen as top 5 if not 1. Outkast got 6 albums and Andre has a bunch of features outside of that. He's already contributed more to the game than the majority of rappers. He doesn't have to do anything else for his legacy to be cemented.

It doesn’t affect his legacy

It’s just that Hip-Hop fans have never heard of a full length, solo album from him that mainly centers around rap

The Love Below is mainly singing and instrumentation and I still can’t consider it a solo album because it’s attached to Speakerboxx no matter what

I’m sure us Andre fans are open to him doing whatever he wants….but him not releasing at least ONE solo rap album is what’s disappointing

It doesn’t affect his legacy

It’s just that Hip-Hop fans have never heard of a full length, solo album from him that mainly centers around rap

The Love Below is mainly singing and instrumentation and I still can’t consider it a solo album because it’s attached to Speakerboxx no matter what

I’m sure us Andre fans are open to him doing whatever he wants….but him not releasing at least ONE solo rap album is what’s disappointing

Yeah, I guess I just never expected that from Andre. I'm an Outkast fan first and foremost, then I'm a Big Boi fan, then an Andre fan. Part of the reason I'm more of a Big Boi fan is because he's always been truer to Hip Hop. Andre was always dope, but he was always on a trajectory where he was moving farther and farther from being a rapper. I'm not sure why anyone would have heard the Love Below or his inputs on the Idlewild soundtrack and thought we'd ever get a solo rap album from him.

He's not. I'm not sure why people can't understand that dude just doesn't give a fuck about Hip Hop anymore. He tries to be. He'll spit a verse every now and then, but at the end of the day, he's on Cutty status.

This also shouldn't surprise anyone. The last time we saw dude he was literally frolicking through the streets of Japan playing a flute.

He very much still cares about hip hop. Here's the interview to go with the album announcement where he goes into everything and how Outkast and the Dungeon is still the foundation of even this weird ass album. He basically says he still gets alot of beats sent to him and still makes them but he's in his own head to the point where he doesn't think anything is gonna be good enough

Last edited:
Nah fuck that b. Iowanna hear nunna that bullshit about what he been done did back in whatever year that was. I need him and Jay Elec to stop huffing the Badu Pussy Incense and bless me w/ a proper solo joint.

............ I'mma still listen to this whimsical flute shit, but I won't be happy about it ................................

featured-img-of-post-175846.jpg

Yeah, I guess I just never expected that from Andre. I'm an Outkast fan first and foremost, then I'm a Big Boi fan, then an Andre fan. Part of the reason I'm more of a Big Boi fan is because he's always been truer to Hip Hop. Andre was always dope, but he was always on a trajectory where he was moving farther and farther from being a rapper. I'm not sure why anyone would have heard the Love Below or his inputs on the Idlewild soundtrack and thought we'd ever get a solo rap album from him.

Interesting take. The interview I just posted he directly addresses this actually and talks about how all the shit people called him weird for during Outkast height was basically the precursor to where he's at now but even he is shocked that he ended up being a nigga just playing a flute...and also that he's very much aware and in on the jokes about him just wandering playing the flute

I'm also not understanding how this affects his legacy at all. Whether you have him in your top 5 or not, how does him putting out an album in another genre affect your perception of him as a rapper? lol

Some of ya'll act like dude put out 1 album and faded to black. Dude is generally considered to be the stronger half of what many consider to be the best group of all time and almost universally seen as top 5 if not 1. Outkast got 6 albums and Andre has a bunch of features outside of that. He's already contributed more to the game than the majority of rappers. He doesn't have to do anything else for his legacy to be cemented.

While I agree with you 100%...

A small part of me wants Big Boi to craft a subliminal diss to 3-Stacks after seeing this'll be a wind ensemble-type album after waiting almost 20 years lol.

My boy's still a legend tho, no doubt.

Back