Welcome To aBlackWeb

I think it was always the play...

My theory is that Armand always wanted Louis to himself, but he wanted him broken, so he would have to service him. He wanted to play the victim so Louis would feel sorry for him, he wanted the coven to rebel so he could be a victim, and he wanted to save Louis to be the savior as well. But he wanted Claudia gone, and he wanted the coven gone... But he couldn't do it HIMSELF bcuz then he would be to blame for it all....

So he had to manipulate everything and everyone to make sure Louis and eventually Lestat took full blame and Armand looks like an innocent victim who was powerless to stop things from unfolding...

When at any given point he could have EASILY killed everybody and just moved on with Louis.... But Armand is compelled to do things in a way where everyone suffers, no one is clean, and he comes out at the most moral person...

Which is why Lestat figured the shit out and left him in under a week
Did Anne create Armand from those powerful CEOs that are into that submissive stuff? He gives off that kind of vibe. Especially when he asked Louis if he was asking or making him and then said sorry after the reaction Louis gave

It's an interesting character. Kind of surprised Armand and Lestat didn't work out

Did Anne create Armand from those powerful CEOs that are into that submissive stuff? He gives off that kind of vibe. Especially when he asked Louis if he was asking or making him and then said sorry after the reaction Louis gave

It's an interesting character. Kind of surprised Armand and Lestat didn't work out
So Armand in interview was very basic

His layers weren't added till later novels... His autobiography giving his full origins weren't until book 6. I think over the years he's been presented as the embodiment of "hurt people hurt people"

He's been hurt his entire life, and doesn't know how to truly love. He feels to love is to serve, and because he's too powerful to really be controlled he manipulates situations to place himself in that role.

Lestat would have none of it.

Louis.... Likes it... But is just dishonest about admitting it.

In the novels Louis wasn't this developed of a character. And Armand always seemed cruel. The only allure was his age. Neither Lestat or Louis were this into him. Louis left him shortly after Paris. And Armand didn't meet Daniel till after the book was published and was enthralled with Daniel until Daniel went mad.

It's a weird change from the books, but this show. Makes all three characters way more interesting.

Actually this show makes ever character more interesting.

Louis
Armand
Daniel
Claudia
Madeline
Santiago

This show did them all way more justice and gave them way more development than the original book interview did, or the first movie.

These are my favorite versions of these characters.... Because later in the novels they're all very forgettable...with Armand sticking around the longest because of how strong and influential he is overall on the vampire world.

Think of interview like dragon Ball

And the vampire Lestat the start of dragon Ball Z

Interview is Naruto

The vampire Lestat is the start of Shippuden

Like the first story is cool, and gives you a dope intro.... But you don't really get into the real shit until later.

Everything about Armand in this show is a reflection of his entire story over the entire Chronicles.

So to answer the original question....I think she gave him his traits to best illustrate his decisions...and the show took that and went further with his motivations as well.... Which makes his character more associated to other villains or anti villains you see on TV... He's been a slave a large portion of his life... Of course he's into bsdm.... Lestat... Not so much

But the show has only tip toes around how deep Lestat gets. Biggest criticism of the novels is that no character is as likable as Lestat.

Marius and Akasha are up there, but Lestat is by far the character that is clear to be Anne's favorite. And if the show can do this much with the supporting cast.... It's only gonna get better from here

But the show has only tip toes around how deep Lestat gets. Biggest criticism of the novels is that no character is as likable as Lestat.

Marius and Akasha are up there, but Lestat is by far the character that is clear to be Anne's favorite. And if the show can do this much with the supporting cast.... It's only gonna get better from here
Im hoping we get a whole fuckin season or more just about strictly Akasha and Enkil backstory.

they just glossed over things in the movie

Im hoping we get a whole fuckin season or more just about strictly Akasha and Enkil backstory.

I think this is the point of the Talamasca show. To tell the full history.

It makes more sense that they have record of this than Lestat accurately retelling it all...

Yea the movie rushed the hell out of that story. Had no idea about the books at the time. Loved her as Akasha and honestly was rooting for her and was upset about the end lmao

Matter of fact I may go ahead and watch that again lol

Do Lestat and Armand fuck with each other or do they just stay out of each other's way.

I would love for them to go this deep into the series.... But they go back and forth...

they mostly stayed outta each other's way until Lestat got in a fight with the devil. Yes the real devil, Lestat went back in time and bought back proof of Christ existence that drove Armand crazy and he ran out into the sun only to not die bcuz he was too old.. When he healed up he rededicated his life to Lestat and became his general on some military shit. Basically he became Lestat's top hitter.

Yea the movie rushed the hell out of that story. Had no idea about the books at the time. Loved her as Akasha and honestly was rooting for her and was upset about the end lmao

Matter of fact I may go ahead and watch that again lol
She's crazy. I feel bad for telling so much of her story early in this thread.. But if they get her right.... It's going to change the way people look at vampires overall. Akasha is OP and way too immature for that kinda power. Like imagine the most entitled 16 year old you've ever met. Now give her almost omnipotent power

How is Santiago the youngest, but that strong?
His maker. The show may reveal that.. But your maker dictates how strong you are when they make you. There's a lotta unrevealed vampires that could have made him that strong.

His maker. The show may reveal that.. But your maker dictates how strong you are when they make you. There's a lotta unrevealed vampires that could have made him that strong.

Since Louis drank from Armand thats made him stronger right?

Since Louis drank from Armand thats made him stronger right?
Claudia mentioned it. So there's no telling how much Santiago drank and who he drank from.. He was always a villain, but this show is giving him way more screen time than the book.. This Santiago is much much better.

This is a pretty accurate wiki...

No one knows his maker

Claudia mentioned it. So there's no telling how much Santiago drank and who he drank from.. He was always a villain, but this show is giving him way more screen time than the book.. This Santiago is much much better.

much more menacing in the show than the buffoon/goof in the movie even though he was still a villain

Right, walking on the walls insinuates he can fly/levitate....and he does that in the book.

And while the movie version was dope.... You can't tell me this Santiago isn't light years better..dude is a menace....the way he marches in with the bag was perfection.

Him mimicking Louis at the dinner table. So many great scenes. This show may run into a problem with how likable these characters are.. It's going to be interesting to see if they have the balls to go through with certain shit

Right, walking on the walls insinuates he can fly/levitate....and he does that in the book.

And while the movie version was dope.... You can't tell me this Santiago isn't light years better..dude is a menace....the way he marches in with the bag was perfection.

Him mimicking Louis at the dinner table. So many great scenes. This show may run into a problem with how likable these characters are.. It's going to be interesting to see if they have the balls to go through with certain shit

I did appreciate Louis showing some backbone and shutting that nigga the hell up tho. Never liked any version of Santiago lol

If I had to guess, it would be another older vampire named Santino.

But the books never confirmed it. He was just a villain from later novels who has ties to both Marius and Armand, and it would make sense that one of his fledglings stayed with Armand to keep an eye on him.

It's definitely a logical direction.... But this is just my personal speculation. Nothing about Santiago story connects him to Santino other than their names being close, and them both being villains

Back