Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Alternative" Black People. Let's talk about it.

I like Tyler as a producer cos he leans towards jazz influences in his music...

I personally think his IGOR alter ego is a gay flamboyant character that's not the real Tyler... I've known him to use extremely homophobic slurs in his music previously which might be confusing to some

I like his indifference to fit in ...

He has Igbo heritage like me too ...
Since his OF days he used to be super touchy feely with other dudes in his group. In regards to the homophobia, I always found that to be, I forget the word, but it's when someone tries super hard to appear to be someone they aren't.

You see it all the time, like with politicians who are vehemently against gay rights, found cheating on their wives with male lovers, or the pastor that reminds everyone of how much of a sin it is to be gay, be on their Bishop Long shit when the church doors close.

But he came out on his previous album Flower Boy so it's maybe a continuation. And dude ain't even gay he just likes what he likes but that's a whole another conversation. I love pussy and only pussy, some other niggas like everything.

Btw A boy is a gun was a hard song IDC what y'all say lol.

Staaaaarted with a mirrracle!!!

tenor.gif

A Boy is a gun is a great song, I'll admit I'm not comfortable singing the lyrics, but I'm a sucker for love and thought the track was beautiful. I loved IGOR and was happy when he won the Grammy. I remember way back when he said he was going to get one and all these years later he really did it and he did it his way, too.

Off topic, that gif, what's going on with Chadwick, you guys?

:cry:

somebody's run out of shit to do

speed metal dark metal nu metal heavy metal = rock music. sounds familiar?

FOH! alternative to what? what's the apex identifier? ain't none of us being black. we just are without any skills to being it.

Also, I'm biased as I tend to fall into that category, but I think that we absolutely should be embraced more.

Black people don't have the luxury of individuality. The other races treat us like a hivemind, I think that anything that challenges that kind of thinking is a win for us.

And you know what's funny is that other races typically have a mind closer to a hive mindset while black folks typically are very diverse which we should be since we are also more genetically diverse too.

so black people are not a monolith and we all dont think alike yet we can have black people that dont fit in?

what is it that those type people dont fit into? the monolithic thinking people say we dont do or the everyone isnt the same crowd?

has to be one or the other cuz something aint adding up.

and also...

i think the anime thing is apart of a new wave of people trying to show they are diverse now and anime is the new buzzword.

So we gon act like black folks dont have a culture and dont act like this is part of the culture.

Folks just started admitting the watch anime and all the other shit most blacks would consider weird.

Black kids that didnt play sports and always was inside playing a game was considered weird. And yall know that shit was true at one point.

Black kids that skateboard was considered a weirdo at one point.

Black kids that didnt listen to rap you was considered a weirdo.

I can go on

So we gon act like black folks dont have a culture and dont act like this is part of the culture.

Folks just started admitting the watch anime and all the other shit most blacks would consider weird.

Black kids that didnt play sports and always was inside playing a game was considered weird. And yall know that shit was true at one point.

I can go on
i like where this is going.

and its all true.

its because someone else made it popular that its now being ok'd.

to me thats corny.

why wasnt it ok before?
why wasnt it what black people do?
and it always leads me back to .....what is it black people do?

we truly limited ourselves in so many ways and isolated so many people over dumb shit......

im glad we talking about it.

i like where this is going.

and its all true.

its because someone else made it popular that its now being ok'd.

to me thats corny.

why wasnt it ok before?
why wasnt it what black people do?
and it always leads me back to .....what is it black people do?

we truly limited ourselves in so many ways and isolated so many people over dumb shit......

im glad we talking about it.

Folks really acting like the phrase "thats some white boy shit" shit dont exist

Im glad I didnt subscribe to that on all levels. Some levels I did, I can admit that.

I always watched anime. Word to Big G that used to bless me and cousin with all anime shit growing up. Only dude on my block that hooped and rollerblade on the same day and Watching Fist of the North at night then played some Japanese game we got

I can go on
I think black folks didn't see it as cool, we create hip hop and its influence along with prison culture which really changed up our culture in urban environments and what we thought was cool.

You go back to the 70s and 80s and black folks loved martial art's flicks, tight clothes that boarded on the hippy to grunge to feminine in ways, there was an appreciation for androgynous metrosexual singers like Shallamar and Prince. Niggas wore sandals and the Tom Selleck shorts.

The appearance of cool and not getting fried by peers because a. those peers didn't understand and therefore attacked it or b. those peers liked it too but didn't wanna come off not cool did a lot of this

Back