Welcome To aBlackWeb

"Alternative" Black People. Let's talk about it.

silverfoxx

Bitch mob
Alternative can be applied for multiple meanings of blackness but I define it as a black person who goes against standard traditions of urban culture. How do you guys feel about individuals like:

Chance the Rapper
Tyler the Creator
My guy @genocide_cutter
Pharrell
Childish Gambino
FKA Twigs
Doja Cat
Logic

Etc .

Also why do you guys think individuals like this are not "fully" accepted into the black community?

The "too black for the white kids, too white for the black kids" crowd can also defend themselves also.

Some of the ppl listed in the op are considered corny and that could be a reason why they ain't fully accepted?

Like these dudes are nerdy and goofy but I wouldn't necessarily call em corny

Like there's a way to be black where you can be "alternative" and still connect with other black ppl.

Some of the ppl listed in the op are considered corny and that could be a reason why they ain't fully accepted?

Like there's a way to be black where you can be "alternative" and still connect with other black ppl.

Niggas def call them corny for likening what they like

no such thing as an alterntive black person lol

them niggas got the same likelyhood of getting gunned down for jogging as any other "regular" black person

you think Ahmaud would have been safe if he shouted

"DONT SHOOT I LIKE ANIME AND COUNTRY MUSIC!!!"

Fam. I get what you saying but I don’t think OP mean it in that way in any type of fashion

I don't mind the "alternative" blacks because they typically stay in their own lane. I know folks who are huge anime heads but I've never heard or seen them act like blatant coons. What bugs me is the blavity blacks who only got comfortable with their blackness when they got older and try to overcompensate for it and giving white people pats on the head for showing basic decency, it's annoying.

This shit funny. Lmao

Fam. I get what you saying but I don’t think OP mean it in that way in any type of fashion
I know what he means

and like I said...aint no alternative black

you either black or you aint

but to answer his question "correctly" its what many posters have said

IGNORANCE

the type of ignorance that makes people make stupid ass comments about a show named #blackAF becuae they feel its not "black enough" cause it aint ya sterotypical troped show

but I digress

Back