Welcome To aBlackWeb

Alec Baldwin Charged with Discharging Prop Gun That Killed "Rust" Cinematographer & Critically Injured Director

RIP to her.

Im also not about to blame Alec Baldwin for not taking safety measures with a "prop" gun.

That mfer tweeting that you always have to safety checks with a gun can get the fuck out of here.

If im an actor on a set, you give me a gun and say its safe, im not about to confirm if it is.

Naw

As a gun owner I have to disagree with this.....out of habit I double and triple check the gun and I dont take anyones word that the gun is not hot

Even if you are an actor who is not familiar with guns, youre still handling it and it can still go off in your hands......if Alec isnt familiar with guns or gun safety, he should have at least asked how to check it for himself

RIP to her.

Im also not about to blame Alec Baldwin for not taking safety measures with a "prop" gun.

That mfer tweeting that you always have to safety checks with a gun can get the fuck out of here.

If im an actor on a set, you give me a gun and say its safe, im not about to confirm if it is.
Now you will.

Naw

As a gun owner I have to disagree with this.....out of habit I double and triple check the gun and I dont take anyones word that the gun is not hot

Even if you are an actor who is not familiar with guns, youre still handling it and it can still go off in your hands......if Alec isnt familiar with guns or gun safety, he should have at least asked how to check it for himself

The gun was supposed to be loaded with blanks so it wouldn’t have been empty.

He’s not a gun expert

It’s not an actors responsibility to check and see if a gun is a gun or if it’s safe on a movie set. People are hired to take care of that. Can’t get mad at the actor cuz someone else didn’t do their job. Movies have been made for what about a hundred years? These incidents don’t happen that often. RIP to her. Y’all gun nuts need to chill.

The real questions are why are live rounds on set? And where did they come from?

Real guns may still be used in some compacity for technical/budget reasons for a scene.
My guess is that whoever was in charge of providing the prop made a mistake and left live ammo.
The burden will probably fall on whoever is managing the props before they reach the actor.

Now, if this were someone like Keanu Reeves, I bet the bar would be significantly higher.
Dude might legit know how to clear a home at this point.

Real guns may still be used in some compacity for technical/budget reasons for a scene.
My guess is that whoever was in charge of providing the prop made a mistake and left live ammo.
The burden will probably fall on whoever is managing the props before they reach the actor.

Now, if this were someone like Keanu Reeves, I bet the bar would be significantly higher.
Dude might legit know how to clear a home at this point.

That’s not a prop gun.

I wouldn't expect Alec Baldwin to know to check a gun properly, he's likely taking the prop master's word that the gun is safe.

Keanu, Will Smith, Chow Yun Fat, shit even Halle Berry these days? Absolutely. I'd expect that they would repeatedly check any gun handed to them before using it in a scene.

I don't trust any gun handed to me to be empty.

Back