Welcome To aBlackWeb

Alec Baldwin Charged with Discharging Prop Gun That Killed "Rust" Cinematographer & Critically Injured Director

There's now reports that it was in fact a live round allegedly

An email sent to members of the movie prop masters union, IATSE Local 44, said there had been an “accidental weapons discharge” on the set of the Western-style film Rust.

“A live single round was accidentally fired on set by the principal actor, hitting both the Director of Photography, Local 600 member Halnya Hutchins, and Director Joel Souza,” the email read.
Wow....this leads me to another question....who loaded it and how can you know know it was a live round?

Yeah I don't understand why live rounds would even be on the set period but in the end I'm sure they will find that a lot of safety protocols were overlooked IF this was indeed an accident
Word. Why are live rounds ever on a film set?

Shits super reckless and irresponsible

Ahhh right. Brandon lee shit

So the use of the words "prop gun" is false and misleading

Prop guns are normally used when they ain’t gon fire it like if it’s just in a holster or placed somewhere in a shot

They used real guns with blanks when using them.

Most of the time

RIP to her.

Im also not about to blame Alec Baldwin for not taking safety measures with a "prop" gun.

That mfer tweeting that you always have to safety checks with a gun can get the fuck out of here.

If im an actor on a set, you give me a gun and say its safe, im not about to confirm if it is.

Last edited:
Back