Welcome To aBlackWeb

Alabama passes Bill to outlaw abortion

we are cool, I don’t take offense my dude... y’all are right about a woman’s body, but there should be some middle ground period, such as the weeks of pregnancy being where a certain line is drawn, 10 weeks for example, and/or only limited a certain # of them, no more than 1-2
I'm with you here

the definition for a fertilized vs embryo or fetus is greatly different

most women do not abort a fertilized egg in the doctors office, this usually is done with plan b... this prevents all that from happening, even after fertilization, it won’t allow the egg to attach to the womb

once it passes that stage it’s an embryo, which is a developing life form, which is a fetus/baby

apples and oranges

Thing is plan b aint super cheap everywhere alot of contraceptives are hard to get depending on the area. Laws like this only will impact the poor.

and while a woman speaks about not being told what to do w her body, what about the right of the unborn? what right do they have? does a newborn have a right? What age is rights given to humans?

The unborn is in her body. She decides to provide for it or not. And a mom on drugs def gets charged

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/conservatives-against-alabama-abortion-law

Not All Conservatives Are Cheering On Alabama’s New Abortion Law

Republican Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey’s signature on the strictest abortion law in the country has many pro-lifers cheering on the clear effort to challenge Roe v. Wade. But not all conservatives are pleased with the law.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said Thursday that the Alabama law banning abortion without an exception for rape and incest goes too far.

“I believe in exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother, and that’s what I’ve voted on,” he said at his weekly press conference on Capitol Hill.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) similarly said that the law is too “extreme.”

Conservative writer Erick Erickson was also wary of the law’s lack of an exception for rape and incest, arguing that he does not support making rape victims suffer by carrying a child to term.

“I also think we risk turning people against the cause by a dogmatic insistence on getting rid of an exception for rape,” he wrote. “We can pat ourselves on the back for our purity to the cause, but will ultimately doom our cause by treating a complicated issue as an easy choice of choosing the victim we cannot see for the victim we can see.”

Erickson wrote in a separate piece that there’s a chance the law could backfire on Republicans. He suggested that some conservative members of the Supreme Court could let Roe v. Wade stand, ultimately hurting President Trump’s reelection chances.

“Decisions that would preserve Roe, particularly with a Trump pick joining the majority, would depress some segments of the conservative movement that totally invested in the line that holding their noses to vote for Trump would see Roe overturned,” he wrote. “And that will matter in 2020.”

The Bulwark’s Jonathan Last made a similar argument, writing that the Alabama law “is the most damaging development to the pro-life movement in decade.”

“It will be overturned at the appellate level. It will almost certainly be denied certification by the Supreme Court. It will then disappear into the pro-choice direct mail machine where it will raise tens of millions of dollars for the groups who want unlimited, unfettered abortion on demand,” he wrote.

And even televangelist Pat Robertson called the Alabama law “extreme.”

“I think Alabama has gone too far, they’ve passed a law that would give a 99-year prison sentence to those who commit abortions,” he said Wednesday. “There’s no exception for rape or incest. It’s an extreme law and they want to challenge Roe v. Wade, but my humble view is that this is not the case we want to bring to the Supreme Court because I think this one’ll lose.”

Mayne I'm pro abortion. If that's the decision you came to in your life, get that shit.

Back