Welcome To aBlackWeb

The writing was garbage. They took one of the most badass villains and turned him into a whiney lil bitch.

Clone wars fleshed his character out way better than the movies ever did
Exactly. Like seriously watch the prequel trilogies and watch the shit they have him saying lol. The whole sand thing has turned into a fucking joke

His relationship with Padme is written better in the animated series. We get to see his partnership with Ahsoka and his kindness which makes his fall more heartbreaking. You don't get that from the prequel trilogy cause the writing was ASS

deffbbbad3253431c684f241b2aa63d06fa2636b.gifv

1974421f2325e82f8d84ec028c55c3edf4ab816c.gifv

It's pretty dope Hayden Christensen is getting his flowers from the Star Wars fanbase after getting shitted on for the prequel trilogy. It wasn't his fault George Lucas was writing up some terrible scripts

The generation of fans who grew up in the prequel era are different from the old fogies who hated on it/him at first.

I always fucked with Hayden’s Anakin… dry ass movie dialogue aside

That was a real question by Anakin cause the way she had been going about things with Sabine, it looked like she was doing it cause she had to, not cause she wanted to impart her wisdom and knowledge

b08ad2583b9670a0d9d012bc003f8dab24084cfb.gifv

7de0f98bd673160c62bcbd9c99ef31fc6424c361.gifv

Seen through Ahsoka’s young eyes, these two sequences really sell the horror and futility of the Clone Wars in a way even Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith didn’t. There’s something chilling about seeing the now-iconic Siege of Mandalore rendered in live-action this time. The clones themselves (including a fleeting cameo of Captain Rex) feel like ghosts locked in a funeral march.

Even more disturbing is the sight of the teenaged Ahsoka being unceremoniously inducted into the war. Played by a Ariana Greenblatt, Ahsoka has never seemed so innocent or so out of her depth. The early battle scenes reiterate how twisted and misguided the Jedi Order had become by the time of the Clone Wars. They showed no compunction against sending literal children into battle. Even Anakin is very cavalier about sending Ahsoka to fight and lead countless troops to their deaths.

But that’s where the “not quite a flashback” format works to this episode’s advantage. As Anakin himself points out, he wasn’t actually with Ahsoka for the Siege of Mandalore. The two had recently parted ways for what would turn out to be the last time, at least until their fateful reunion in Star Wars Rebels. But as he journeys through Ahsoka’s memories, Anakin is able to see the warrior and leader Ahsoka became by the end of the Clone Wars. He taught her to be a fighter and a survivor. Maybe that’s antithetical to the Jedi way, but it’s what allowed Ahsoka to make it through a conflict that claimed so many other lives, clone and Jedi alike. Right or wrong, treating her like a child soldier may be the only reason she lived through the Clone Wars.

Last edited:
The writing was garbage. They took one of the most badass villains and turned him into a whiney lil bitch.

Clone wars fleshed his character out way better than the movies ever did
That show turned general grievous who was meant to be a fesred Jedi hunter into a run of the mill mustache twirling villian who was beat by gungans of all things. It had continuity eras like Anakin fighting dooku before the events of episode three. The show failed to show his transition from whiny undisciplined Padawan to Jedi knight especially since the one wars movie takes place during the first month of the clone wars. That's would been a good arc for Anakin. Show how he became the hero of the clone wars. This show is based on the 2d clone wars after all. They should've had Anakin still.be a Padawan for one of two seasons and Ashoka could've been plo koons Padawan and she still could've had a sort of brother and sister type relationship with Anakin. Not my ideas I got it from a YouTube video.

one thing this show drove home that the animated series didnt really capture(to me anyway) like that was Ahsoka really was just a lil kid at war
I've thought about this more and more. While it was fucked up that she threw her friend under the bus and people died, I understand why Barriss Offee did what she did. The Jedi Order completely lost their way. Anakin really did the best that he could under the fucked up circumstances, he kept her alive with his teachings. And all that death for nothing, set up by somebody playing both sides right under the Jedi Order's nose

Back