Breaking News Affirmative Action ruled unconstitutional in for both private and public Colleges and Universities admissions

But honestly though wtf is Supreme Court chosen and why is it for life? I feel like we should be able to vote on who is appointed and they get a 10 year term.

The Judicial Branch is the weakest of the 3, however when the legislative stopped working it became stronger.

• Ether
Reactions: deadeye and Chicity
More of a reason to stop letting white people get minorities riled up… stop going to PWI’s and start supporting HBCU’s.

This is not good advice. I'm an advocate for HBCUs. I went to one for undergrad, but the reality is that depending what you want to do or what your particular needs are for success, there might not be a good HBCU option especially when you're talking about past the Bachelor's level. If you want to do anything in the hard sciences, you're far better off going to an IVY league school if you can get in than going to an HBCU, at least at the graduate level.

This is not good advice. I'm an advocate for HBCUs. I went to one for undergrad, but the reality is that depending what you want to do or what your particular needs are for success, there might not be a good HBCU option especially when you're talking about past the Bachelor's level. If you want to do anything in the hard sciences, you're far better off going to an IVY league school if you can get in than going to an HBCU, at least at the graduate level.

Science is science no matter where you go, the Maxwell-Faraday Equation is the same at Cornell as it is at Penn State. The best graduate programs in STEM aren't necessarily Ivy League. The top Physics graduate program is probably MIT or Stanford. Princeton and Harvard are likely high but it's not necessarily a given that ivy league=best. Hell, I'd put Berkeley above Harvard if I'm being honest.

Edit: I have no knowledge of HBCUs, you are right there. Misunderstood the post a bit.

People acting like this was a good faith attempt by these supposedly grassroots Asian action groups are either fucking stupid or they knew exactly what was up.

Reactions: deadeye
More of a reason to stop letting white people get minorities riled up… stop going to PWI’s and start supporting HBCU’s.

The infrastructure for HBCU's would need a serious overhaul to handle an influx of students. Many can barely handle things now. There'd need to be alot more money invested in them to handle an uptick in admissions

The infrastructure for HBCU's would need a serious overhaul to handle an influx of students. Many can barely handle things now. There'd need to be alot more money invested in them to handle an uptick in admissions

On top that, HBCU do a lot to help students that didn't have the best foundation coming out of High School, which unfortunately is pretty common for black students. If HBCUs started going out of their way to get all the top level black students, you can bet they would start to abandon those lower students.

On top that, HBCU do a lot to help students that didn't have the best foundation coming out of High School, which unfortunately is pretty common for black students. If HBCUs started going out of their way to get all the top level black students, you can bet they would start to abandon those lower students.

Yeah a huge part of what makes HBCUs so successful is the smaller, community aspect of them. You expand that and that very important aspect is lost.

Ironically HBCUs freely let in non blacks. Not that they shouldn't cuz I dont necessarily think it's a bad thing, but PWIs are way more choosy about the non whites they accept