Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Affirmative Action ruled unconstitutional in for both private and public Colleges and Universities admissions

Princeton and Harvard have admitted they have figured out ways around this already.

Even with Google and MS backing up colleges, the conservatives still went against them as they get closer to affirmative action.

Racist gonna be confused when they still don’t get in because of legacy admissions

Great news for Asians…….bad for everybody else

Ivy league admissions will be mostly Asians now, they had been capping it for decades

Asians were already over represented in those universities even with affirmative action, and the issue was way overblown by white people. They prop these Asians up who got rejected by one school but fail to mention the 30 others they were accepted to.

They just hate to give niggas anything is what this all boils down to.

Princeton and Harvard have admitted they have figured out ways around this already.

Even with Google and MS backing up colleges, the conservatives still went against them as they get closer to affirmative action.

Racist gonna be confused when they still don’t get in because of legacy admissions

I believe the bold.

The whole argument those Asians were making was basically "We have better grades and SAT scores, so we should be in."

All schools really have to do is say they have started to put more emphasis on other things like extracurricular activities, community service, the essay, etc... Grades and test scores were never supposed to be the be all end all for college admissions to begin with.

Great news for Asians…….bad for everybody else

Ivy league admissions will be mostly Asians now, they had been capping it for decades

Asians were already over represented in those universities even with affirmative action, and the issue was way overblown by white people. They prop these Asians up who got rejected by one school but fail to mention the 30 others they were accepted to.

They just hate to give niggas anything is what this all boils down to.

Not great news for all Asians. The lawsuit itself was bullshit. It was basically funded by a racist white group whos only purpose is to undo all civil rights laws. The same group that used that white girl to sue Texas a few years back, saying she would of gotten into the school if she was black. That group was suing Harvard on behalf of anonymous Asian students lol.

But to circle back on why I said it wasnt great for all Asians. The only Asians complaining about this, were just Chinese ones from China. That think this is holding them back from having more Chinese in these school. These white people used their own racism against them.

I believe the bold.

The whole argument those Asians were making was basically "We have better grades and SAT scores, so we should be in."

All schools really have to do is say they have started to put more emphasis on other things like extracurricular activities, community service, the essay, etc... Grades and test scores were never supposed to be the be all end all for college admissions to begin with.
I think you're older than me, but they been stopped going by just SAT scores and grades. Since the early 00's they'd tell us in school, they only let a few kids in that just have straight A's and perfect SAT scores. At Colleges they want a diverse campus. So they coached us to not just rely on good grades, and to join a bunch of clubs and do sports.

As I said in the other quoted posts, it was just Chinese against affirmative action, cuz they think without it, they'll take over the schools. Those rich tiger moms and dads send their kids to the same College boot camps like a factory. People at admissions weren't admitting all of them cuz they literally said they're all cookie cutter. They all have the same test scores and play the same instrument, thats it. They had no other interests or personality.

So while all these racist whites are hyping the Chinese up, all the other Asian ethnicities are for affirmative action. These rich Chinese bout to get a rude awakening.

Not great news for all Asians. The lawsuit itself was bullshit. It was basically funded by a racist white group whos only purpose is to undo all civil rights laws. The same group that used that white girl to sue Texas a few years back, saying she would of gotten into the school if she was black. That group was suing Harvard on behalf of anonymous Asian students lol.

But to circle back on why I said it wasnt great for all Asians. The only Asians complaining about this, were just Chinese ones from China. That think this is holding them back from having more Chinese in these school. These white people used their own racism against them.

I think you're older than me, but they been stopped going by just SAT scores and grades. Since the early 00's they'd tell us in school, they only let a few kids in that just have straight A's and perfect SAT scores. At Colleges they want a diverse campus. So they coached us to not just rely on good grades, and to join a bunch of clubs and do sports.

As I said in the other quoted posts, it was just Chinese against affirmative action, cuz they think without it, they'll take over the schools. Those rich tiger moms and dads send their kids to the same College boot camps like a factory. People at admissions weren't admitting all of them cuz they literally said they're all cookie cutter. They all have the same test scores and play the same instrument, thats it. They had no other interests or personality.

So while all these racist whites are hyping the Chinese up, all the other Asian ethnicities are for affirmative action. These rich Chinese bout to get a rude awakening.

Sounds about right. This shit was only successful because the Supreme Court is fucked up right now. Another example of why voting matters.

Sounds about right. This shit was only successful because the Supreme Court is fucked up right now. Another example of why voting matters.

I'll keep repeating this but all the people who said the 2016 election didn't matter and there's no long term consequences from who is in the presidential office are fucking idiots. If the Trump doesn't win the Supreme Court never makes this decision, overturn Roe v Wade or the Voting Rights Act

But honestly though wtf is Supreme Court chosen and why is it for life? I feel like we should be able to vote on who is appointed and they get a 10 year term.

This is a really good article that gives you an idea about this atmosphere, and worth reading. I'll quote some wild excerpts.

Michael Wang, 22, is as brash and confident as one would expect from a person willing to be one of the few outspoken Asian American faces against affirmative action. “I think everyone can agree with me that this policy is outdated and old, and things need to be changed,” he told me one day this past May, at a dim sum parlor near the law firm where he works as a paralegal. Wang continued, “If you can’t agree with that, then you have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Michael’s father, Jeff, agrees. “It’s time we should talk about it, right?” He believes that the ways colleges consider race hurts Chinese Americans like his son. “Supposedly Chinese is [a] minority, and in the history we have been mistreated,” Jeff said. “We should be treated well, not punished.”
But in 2013, Michael was rejected from the most elite colleges in the nation. In response, he filed a civil rights complaint with the Department of Education (ED), alleging that Princeton, Yale, and Stanford had refused him admission solely on the basis of his race. (He was, however, accepted by the University of Pennsylvania, the University of California, Berkeley, and Williams College; Harvard as well as Columbia wait-listed him before ultimately rejecting him.)

Yet the Wangs are not alone in their disdain for affirmative action — they are part of a new generation of Chinese American activists who, much to the delight of conservatives who have long wished for Asian Americans to join them, have in recent years mobilized opposition against the policy. In 2014, tens of thousands of Chinese Americans in California rallied against a bill, commonly known as SCA 5, meant to reinstate affirmative action in the state; they succeeded in defeating it.

AACE was the brainchild of Yukong Zhao, a middle-aged immigrant from China who formerly worked as a director of global planning for a large multinational corporation in Florida and is now AACE’s president, a volunteer position. Zhao worked feverishly to drum up opposition to SCA 5 (which he and others derided as the “skin color act”), writing op-eds for the World Journal, the leading Chinese-language newspaper in the United States, urging Chinese Americans to organize against a bill that he believed would, as he wrote, “transform the United States from a country that advocates equal opportunities to a third-rate country with equal outcomes.” Seeing the fight against affirmative action as a battle against the growing numbers of Latinos in the state, he exhorted Chinese Americans to join forces with white people, who in his mind were equally the victims of reverse discrimination

Fisher has been widely criticized and derided for her lackluster grades and an outsize sense of entitlement entirely at odds with her academic record — hardly the ideal plaintiff and figurehead of a challenge to affirmative action. As Blum once explained, for his next challenge, “I needed Asian plaintiffs.”

In April 2014, Blum launched a series of websites calling for students to send him their stories of being rejected from Harvard, the University of North Carolina, and the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Each site featured a photo of a pensive-looking young East Asian, along with the question “Were you denied admission? It may be because you’re the wrong race.” (While he denies that his lawsuit against Harvard was inspired by the movement against SCA 5, it could not have escaped his notice that the most vocal protesters of the bill were Chinese Americans.)

It’s not unfathomable that there is bias against Asian Americans in the admissions process,” Ochi told me. “The remedy is not to get rid of race-conscious admissions. The remedy is to attack structural white supremacy and white selection advantage.” One survey found that for the class of 2021, about 1 out of every 8 students had at least one parent who had also attended Harvard. Why, she asked, aren’t opponents focusing on Ivy League legacy programs, which some have argued operate as a de facto affirmative action program for white students? “It’s really about the whole pie — and why aren’t we looking at the three-quarters of the pie that is white?”

Michael told me he recognizes the importance of racial diversity. “Being stuck on a [predominantly] white campus made me feel bad too,” he said, recalling his time at Williams. Yet both he and his father seem comfortable with the prospect of having fewer black and Latino students on campus — the likely outcome if race-based affirmative action were eliminated — if it means that Asian students benefit.

“Are they really working hard like Asians?” Jeff posed. I asked him if the idea of a majority Asian American student body gave him pause. “What’s wrong with that?” he said.

Ultimately, college admission is a zero-sum game, Michael said. As he put it, “Someone has to lose for someone else to win.”

Zhao’s grievances match up almost beat for beat with a politics of resentment taken up by aggrieved white people who complain that people of color are benefiting at their expense, and that white people, contrary to all available evidence, are the true victims of racial discrimination. “We have in the inner cities many poor Chinese students. However, the black community also has privileged family, like president Obama’s,” Zhao said. “Do they deserve more preference than poor, working-class children [from] Chinatown? The answer is no.”

“It offends me,” Zhao continued, telling me he believes Chinese Americans have faced far more discrimination than Latinos. “Why [do] Hispanic Americans get higher preference than Chinese Americans, or Japanese Americans?”

What astonished me in talking with the immigrant parents of my fellow Ivy League rejects while reporting on this story is the degree to which they feel their children have truly suffered, despite any real evidence to the contrary. One parent expressed to me, anger suffusing his voice, how his stepdaughter, who went to Carnegie Mellon and then UCLA’s medical school, had been slighted by not getting into a “top-20 university.”

But honestly though wtf is Supreme Court chosen and why is it for life? I feel like we should be able to vote on who is appointed and they get a 10 year term.

There are a lot of things that are stupid about our system that should be changed.

The Electoral College system should go, SC justices and Congresspeople should have term limits, politicians shouldn't be able to take money from corporations for their campaigns, we should have rank choice voting, etc...

It will be a long time before we get any of those changes though because the people who would have to vote for those changes are the very people who benefit from those changes not being enacted.

Back