Welcome To aBlackWeb

AEW Thread: Dynamite - 9/18

That tag match was one of the best matches of the last 5 years easily
It was legit, but if there is not another Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks match for five years, it will be too soon. Between AEW and the indies, they face each other a lot.

The exciting aspect of Danielson and Punk being in AEW is that due to them being in WWE, the match-ups they will have will be fresh and not have been done already somewhere else. I just hope they can both remain healthy enough to make leave their mark on the company. AEW needs this. Adam Cole is a great addition too.

I can't believe Super Dragon is back though. I hope he gets some mainstream TV shine in AEW.

AEW definitely shined last nite. Now the real test will be them blending in the new acquisitions to day ones. I have no doubt they will manage that.

But imo what gives AEW the slight edge over WWE, is the possibility of the new folks, working wit the OTHER promotions as well. Good or bad...lil more bad...WWE is going to be WWE. That's not gonna change...unfortunately. But they're not going anywhere any time soon. So talk of WWE being done is asinine. BUT...if these networks continue expressing their unhappiness wit the company for not puttin more effort in either keeping their stars, or goin after them...then I can see a change at the top.

You give a muthafucca a billion dollars, and all you have to show for it...is you essentially sending your superstar talents to the competition??? Add to the fact that your so-called flag ship show (Raw) has been mediocre at best, yet SD keeps thriving??? Yeah something gotta give. NXT wasn't even the issue, but it's gettin treated as if it's the deadweight show. Smh.

But AEW is on it. Lil tweaks here and there...but man. They've singlehandedly revived that love for pro wrestling. That's just facts.

AEW definitely shined last nite. Now the real test will be them blending in the new acquisitions to day ones. I have no doubt they will manage that.

But imo what gives AEW the slight edge over WWE, is the possibility of the new folks, working wit the OTHER promotions as well. Good or bad...lil more bad...WWE is going to be WWE. That's not gonna change...unfortunately. But they're not going anywhere any time soon. So talk of WWE being done is asinine. BUT...if these networks continue expressing their unhappiness wit the company for not puttin more effort in either keeping their stars, or goin after them...then I can see a change at the top.

You give a muthafucca a billion dollars, and all you have to show for it...is you essentially sending your superstar talents to the competition??? Add to the fact that your so-called flag ship show (Raw) has been mediocre at best, yet SD keeps thriving??? Yeah something gotta give. NXT wasn't even the issue, but it's gettin treated as if it's the deadweight show. Smh.

But AEW is on it. Lil tweaks here and there...but man. They've singlehandedly revived that love for pro wrestling. That's just facts.
WWE is a kids/family show at the end of the day no matter how you spin it. AEW is treated like an adult wrestling show. That alone is why WWE is mindless TV, they not catering to mfs like us it would be one thing if they tried to make it entertaining as an adult watching but they usually can only do it with one or two people who they are focused on and everybody else is thrown dog shit to stick. AEW just a different atmosphere. Shit has pretty much been a Revival shot in the arm for me when I was steady bored with what WWE has been doing.

Last edited:
the working with other orgs is huge for AEW. I dont think the WWE ever really let their guys do smaller indy shows during like the attitude era, did they?

Khan takes an old school approach to the indies; he legit treats his employees like contractors, allows them to wrestle shows or do apperances using their names wherever they want. Just a few weeks ago, Darby Allin and Tay Conti were doing autographs at an indy wrestling show in Six Flags here in NJ. Imagine Vince letting any of his guys do that.

the working with other orgs is huge for AEW. I dont think the WWE ever really let their guys do smaller indy shows during like the attitude era, did they?

Khan takes an old school approach to the indies; he legit treats his employees like contractors, allows them to wrestle shows or do apperances using their names wherever they want. Just a few weeks ago, Darby Allin and Tay Conti were doing autographs at an indy wrestling show in Six Flags here in NJ. Imagine Vince letting any of his guys do that.
Moxley was at GCW the other day lol

Thats the biggest thing I hate about Vince…these guys are contractors but cant work outside of WWE

Imagine Reigns and USOS doing a program with Omega and the Young Bucks

str8 crack

Thats the biggest thing I hate about Vince…these guys are contractors but cant work outside of WWE

Imagine Reigns and USOS doing a program with Omega and the Young Bucks

str8 crack

I remember Jon Oliver did a whole news segment years ago on the WWE and about how unfair the 'contractor' label was to wrestlers.

To be fair I 100% understand why WWE doesn't do the forbidden door unless it's with a low ball no named company. There is def good reasons not to do it but AEW is handling it very well beside making IMPACT look like a D list show which it is lol but theyvdef having the AEW guys have their way with then.

You probably will never see NJPW booked the same way IMPACT is outside the old legends over there.

It was legit, but if there is not another Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks match for five years, it will be too soon. Between AEW and the indies, they face each other a lot.

The exciting aspect of Danielson and Punk being in AEW is that due to them being in WWE, the match-ups they will have will be fresh and not have been done already somewhere else. I just hope they can both remain healthy enough to make leave their mark on the company. AEW needs this. Adam Cole is a great addition too.

I can't believe Super Dragon is back though. I hope he gets some mainstream TV shine in AEW.
Wait ...

Super Dragon back??

Back