Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED ABW's Top 50 Rappers of All-Time

test
Thinking about it now there's one or two rappers that I didn't even include in that list... Made me feel bad just a lil bit

@Goldie since we had a recent beef between Jim Jones and Pusha T regarding a top 50 Hip-hop list (LMAO) I dare say we increase the number?

Hey I'm 41 and I around 12 yrs old when I started checking for rap myself. I know a lot of today's music isn't marketed towards a 40 yr olds in general when the new artists out now is in their mid 20's. The problem is most of the young artists music don't sound like shit or the subject matter is shit.

As far as listening to female rap w/me it's like almost pulling teeth. They have the sex appeal but can't rap for shit. The only one that has appeal imo is Doja Cat. Megan is a one-trick pony, Cardi B isn't that good and does mostly features, Sweetie is just eye-candy hanging on to her 15 mins of fame. The rest isn't worth checking for.

I fucks with Doja too ... Heard this shit recently too ... She kilt it ... She got barz

I fucks with Doja too ... Heard this shit recently too ... She kilt it ... She got barz

This new joint you posted from Doja Cat sounds good. I'm not surprised though because she knows how to make catchy hooks on her songs. I thought it would be the other way around though with Megan being where Doja is at now and her being right behind Megan in the rap game.

Doja Cat is kinda like a pop artist in a way with the way her songs are made but I remember she said something about her next album just being a straight up rap album though.

Shit's comedy man

Wayne is one of the top 2 most influential rappers of alltime. Him and 2 proteges own the top 3 spots for the most hits in billboard history in any genre. He... you know what, yall got it, fuck it, Jay Elect and Phife Dawg are top 10.

Nas
Jay Z
The Notorious B.I.G.
Rakim
Eminem
Tupac
Drake
Andre 3000
Kendrick Lamar
Scarface
J. Cole
Ghostface Killah
LL Cool J
Ice Cube
Jadakiss
Cam'ron
T.I.
Lil' Wayne
Lil' Kim
Snoop Dogg
Rick Ross
Lupe Fiasco
Big Punisher
KRS ONE
Slick Rick

Last edited:
Was gonna start posting vids of your favorite rappers like Cube and Scarface saying Wayne is the greatest rapper of alltime, but I'll chill

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Yo when Yayo was saying Cube wasnt a GOAT storyteller, he was crazy...

This is one of the best storytelling tunes of all time... I know Cube fell waaaaay off but his album run was great...

Shit's comedy man

Wayne is one of the top 2 most influential rappers of alltime. Him and 2 proteges own the top 3 spots for the most hits in billboard history in any genre. He... you know what, yall got it, fuck it, Jay Elect and Phife Dawg are top 10.

Truth be told while growing up in Africa ... More east coast rap was promoted by the media than Southern ... I think out of Cash Money while I was a teen, Juvenile was the biggest name or draw on radio then at least that I knew of

I think Wayne had a lot of potential and made some good music but he became sort of a caricature of himself with ridiculous rhyme schemes and his alleged drug consumption ... In the 2010s especially (his peak years) and contract situation with Birdman didn't help either

Truth be told while growing up in Africa ... More east coast rap was promoted by the media than Southern ... I think out of Cash Money while I was a teen, Juvenile was the biggest name or draw on radio then at least that I knew of

I think Wayne had a lot of potential and made some good music but he became sort of a caricature of himself with ridiculous rhyme schemes and his alleged drug consumption ... In the 2010s especially (his peak years) and contract situation with Birdman didn't help either
You aint even gotta like dude, but off impact and influence alone, there's not 25 better. Realistically, there's not 10 better.

You aint even gotta like dude, but off impact and influence alone, there's not 25 better. Realistically, there's not 10 better.

Those rappers I listed I chose on lyrical ability (flow and cadence especially) and to an extent lyrical content

Not whom they influenced or other stuff like record sales and chart topping achievements...

Those rappers I listed I chose on lyrical ability (flow and cadence especially) and to an extent lyrical content

Not whom they influenced or other stuff like record sales and chart topping achievements...
Hey man, it's your list fam. I just think including all of the components when comparing is a better method, oppose to just picking 1 like flow and making a list off that alone.

This was an objective break down

Hey man, it's your list fam. I just think including all of the components when comparing is a better method, oppose to just picking 1 like flow and making a list off that alone.

This was an objective break down

Lol you can include production choices too ... And Wayne sounded drugged up in that recording...

Back