18. yasiin bey
19. Heavy D
20. Lil' Kim
21. Andre 3000
22. Jay Electronica
23. Rick Ross
24. Styles P
25. The Game

🤣 🤣 🤣 8/10 lists so far doesn't have wayne on it.

There's no way you can make a list objectively and not include wayne. Shit's like not having Nas, Hov or Pac in your list at this point. Cant take that shit seriously.

This why I haven’t made a list yet…cuz I know I gotta put him and Pac on there…buuuut Drake will never get a nod from me…fuck all’at

:hahaha:

lebron-lebron-james.gif

And for the record I try as much as possible to be down with newer sounds and rappers/Hip hop artistes

I'm 42 and a family man ... I have little time to dig new shit like when I was single. I'm not biased to Old School solely

We have a cable channel here in the UK (kiss) that focuses majorly on Black music and features the newest joints both from the States and here

I be listening like an AR ... any shit I like I include in the playlists ...

For example I fucks with this shit... Don't judge me

This why I haven’t made a list yet…cuz I know I gotta put him and Pac on there…buuuut Drake will never get a nod from me…fuck all’at

:hahaha:
And if I put Wayne in the top 25 on my list anywhere it's gone be at the very bottom. This dude came in the game talking about bling-bling, project chick, I stay fly, lollipop etc., Cash Money & Roc-A-Fella started pushing all that materialistic bs around '99 and then the labels started signing all these copy-cat artists they could flood the industry with. I was never a big fan of anything coming from Cash Money/Young Money.

When Cash Money started to slow down as a Unit and Wayne had his prime solo run from '08-11 he did it during a time where hip-hop was going further into the toilet quality wise. Wayne had his run but I respect rappers that made they name during the beginning popularity and height of hip-hop (The 80's - 90's - early 00's).

And if I put Wayne in the top 25 on my list anywhere it's gone be at the very bottom. This dude came in the game talking about bling-bling, project chick, I stay fly, lollipop etc., Cash Money & Roc-A-Fella started pushing all that materialistic bs around '99 and then the labels started signing all these copy-cat artists they could flood the industry with. I was never a big fan of anything coming from Cash Money/Young Money.

When Cash Money started to slow down as a Unit and Wayne had his prime solo run from '08-11 he did it during a time where hip-hop was going further into the toilet quality wise. Wayne had his run but I respect rappers that made they name during the beginning popularity and height of hip-hop (The 80's - 90's - early 00's).
budden.gif

Yeah…I’m not a Wayne fan at all but I’d be frontin’ if I didn’t acknowledge his impact, presence and longevity in tha game….

Not my cup of tea but I understand who he is and what he’s done…same wit’ a few others I’d have to add to my UNBIASED list…

And for the record I try as much as possible to be down with newer sounds and rappers/Hip hop artistes

I'm 42 and a family man ... I have little time to dig new shit like when I was single. I'm not biased to Old School solely

We have a cable channel here in the UK (kiss) that focuses majorly on Black music and features the newest joints both from the States and here

I be listening like an AR ... any shit I like I include in the playlists ...

For example I fucks with this shit... Don't judge me

Hey I'm 41 and I around 12 yrs old when I started checking for rap myself. I know a lot of today's music isn't marketed towards a 40 yr olds in general when the new artists out now is in their mid 20's. The problem is most of the young artists music don't sound like shit or the subject matter is shit.

As far as listening to female rap w/me it's like almost pulling teeth. They have the sex appeal but can't rap for shit. The only one that has appeal imo is Doja Cat. Megan is a one-trick pony, Cardi B isn't that good and does mostly features, Sweetie is just eye-candy hanging on to her 15 mins of fame. The rest isn't worth checking for.

Back