15. Goodz
  16. JC
  17. Bill Collector
  18. Roc
  19. AVE
  20. Chess

I thought that was the goal and not an all time list

The list as I appreciate it will change after most events

Who are the biggest stars in battle rap as of today. The head liners that you get to sell out a card. Geechi has hands down had the biggest recent contributions to the culture last 2 years. But as of today, he is not yet a bigger star in this culture than Loaded Lux. If those two were to battle, it's a wayyyy bigger look for Geechi than it is for Lux.

Charlie Clips who used to be regarded as one of the GOATs... is not that in 2020. Geechi is currently a bigger star in this culture than Clips as of today. Clips is not a head liner in 2020.. this is what i'm getting at when i say it's not a battler of the year list but it's not necessarily an all-time list either.. and why i called it a power ranking.

Let's say if battle rap just took off astronomically and we were to sell out and pack madison square garden. Who are the 10 leading superstars you can trust to sell the show and deliver on that level.

I'm applying the sports logic

Knicks might be in the top of the league in attendance but they suck

Like they do on ESPN in football. It changes from week to week based on the games played. People either move up, down, or stay where they are

I'm applying the sports logic

Knicks might be in the top of the league in attendance but they suck

Like they do on ESPN in football. It changes from week to week based on the games played. People either move up, down, or stay where they are

That's a terrible analogy though. If i was following that logic, Cassidy would be your Knicks. And not a single person in this thread put him on the list.

That's a terrible analogy though. If i was following that logic, Cassidy would be your Knicks. And not a single person in this thread put him on the list.
My bigger point is, the Knicks, as a team stink.

ESPN currently has them at 28/30, which is if there were only 30 battle rappers, and Cassidy was included, he would be there or lower

My bigger point is, the Knicks, as a team stink.

ESPN currently has them at 28/30, which is if there were only 30 battle rappers, and Cassidy was included, he would be there or lower

Which leads to me to my Charlie Clips example. He is no longer a top 5. I don't understand the confusion here.
This will be updated quarterly.

Well I'm basing my rankings off maybe the last 3 events

I have no issue lowering clips or not in the top 20 at all

My bad, I bullshitted with this but i just got around to tallying up each of your top 20 and averaged in an official ABW top 20. It's updated in the OP, but goes as follows.

ABW’s battle rap power ranking (UPDATED 4/22/2020)
1. Loaded Lux
2. Tsu Surf
3. Rum Nitty
4. Geechi Gotti
5. K Shine

6. Aye Verb
7. Hitman Holla
8. JC
9. Arsonal
10. Nu Jerzey Twork

11. John John Da Don
12. Ave
13. DNA
14. Tay Roc
15. Hollow Da Don

16. Goodz
17. T Top
18. Ill Will
19. Chilla Jones
20. Dizaster

I think this list came out pretty good. 5th was spot on for his first 4 but then he said Suge lmaooo

Way I did it I just gave them all a number backwards.. so #1 on your list got 20 points and #20 on your list got 1 point. Added them all up. It was interesting to see how the numbers averaged up but it came out pretty accurate imo.

Let me know, should we keep it top 20 for now? Should we expand it to 25 or 30?

(Not Including Lux, Brizz, Daylyt and Mook)

Surf
Gotti
Verb
Shine
Nitty
Hitman
Hollow
Diz
Goodz
JJDD
DNA
Ave
T Top
JC
Iron
Clips
Twork
Roc
Ill Will
Ars

After NOME i'm now including Lyt and Lux to the power ranking.

Hitman, Mook and Brizz will not be included due to inactivity.

1. Lux
2. Lyt
3. Gotti
4. Verb
5. Shine
6. Hollow
7. Roc
8. Nitty
9. Ill Will
10. Goodz
11. DNA
12. Clips
13. Surf
14. Twork
15. JJDD
16. JC
17. T Top
18. Ave
19. Chess
20. B Dot

@Maywood

giphy.gif

Basing my list on power today.

Niggas who can make a call and battle anybody they want.

Lux is lux. After last night, Daylyt can make a call and battle anybody he wants and they'll accept.

So forth and so forth.

Back