Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW Travel/Vacation thread: It's 2024 and we ain't gonna be home y'all!

Because I travel so much normally vacations are slowly becoming blah for me

I brought a house and invited my nieces and nephews for the summer. May send my kids to Chicago b4 school starts also
do u wanna be childfree again?

I'm trying to get on my mothers level. That lady has been to so many islands. My grandmother has been to every state but three. I can't be a slacker.

how were the flyover states? i hope u've asked her questions.
I'll have to ask her. One state she mentioned she loved the most and I can't remember which one it was but I remember thinking, "people actually travel there and want to visit?"

Have you got any ideas about which islands to hit up yet? I am looking at cruises specifically.

Well the cruise I'm goin on is heading to the Bahamas.

I do wanna go one that hits up the others. But those are 7 days those. Dunno if got the patience for being on cruise for that long. Lol.

Well the cruise I'm goin on is heading to the Bahamas.

I do wanna go one that hits up the others. But those are 7 days those. Dunno if got the patience for being on cruise for that long. Lol.
We took our mother on a cruise for her 60th and it wasn't that bad. It went to the Bahamas, Home ( St. Thomas ) and Cozumel and Peurto Rico I think. My sister goes on them all the time. It is not that bad because the ships are so big and there is always something to do but you don't get to see much of the places because you have to get back to the ship. I do plan on taking my son on the Disney cruise tho.

I try to go to one place i've never been to before at least once a year if I can. Made it out to Portland last month which was.. interesting..

Trying to get out to see the pyramids in Mexico early next year then Japan later on in the year

I don't travel all the time, but now that I'm doing better financially I want to start. I'm gonna begin collecting miles soon too so hoping that goes well.

It's not until july, but I'm gonna go with family down to the west coast. Land in Seattle and drive south through oregon, show my brothers where I lived as a kid and see some old friends, then continue on to San francisco and see some shit there.

I'm so fucking excited for affordable weed shops. I'm gonna buy the most hArdcore edibles I can find and zone the fuck out in the back seat while we drive. Then Ima see alcatraz high as fuck and start tripping balls

I don't travel all the time, but now that I'm doing better financially I want to start. I'm gonna begin collecting miles soon too so hoping that goes well.

It's not until july, but I'm gonna go with family down to the west coast. Land in Seattle and drive south through oregon, show my brothers where I lived as a kid and see some old friends, then continue on to San francisco and see some shit there.

I'm so fucking excited for affordable weed shops. I'm gonna buy the most hArdcore edibles I can find and zone the fuck out in the back seat while we drive. Then Ima see alcatraz high as fuck and start tripping balls

If you want some tips on San Francisco let me know fam. I lived there the first 30 odd years of my life so I can point you towards stuff

If you want some tips on San Francisco let me know fam. I lived there the first 30 odd years of my life so I can point you towards stuff

Probably won't be doing anything too crazy because of parents and little brothers being with me haha. What would be some cool things to see besides alcatraz? Also cool food spots!

Probably won't be doing anything too crazy because of parents and little brothers being with me haha. What would be some cool things to see besides alcatraz? Also cool food spots!

To keep it a buck, Alcatraz is just a jail lol. I would skip it unless it has some interest to you. San Francisco is a city of neighborhoods more so than a city of attractions. Being a small place (just 7 miles x 7 miles) you can jump from one neighborhood to the other pretty quickly. If you like street art and diverse types of food, go to my neighborhood The Mission. The Fillmore is a historic black neighborhood (with barely any black folks anymore smh), but there are still cool shops, restaurants and bits of history.

Go downtown to shop and catch movies. Chinatown is Chinatown. Pier 39 is a tourist trap but it you got youngins they'll have fun. If you're going to Alcatraz you'll get off the ferry right by there.

The Richmond has a Chinese and Russian Shopping area (Clement St). Japantown has Japanese restaurants and Anime spots (you could probably cop hentai if you want that too).

As far as specific types of food you wanna eat, I can tell you a spot for each type.

Don't buy herb at the downtown dispensaries, you'll get fleeced on the prices. If you're going to the Haight (the old hippie neighborhood) don't buy herb there either. Hit a spot in the mission, ingelside or Richmond/Sunset. Berner used to have a spot on Geary street, but I'm not sure if it's there anymore.

My only warning safety wise is that sometimes the hood and affluent areas are right next to each other, and there isn't a lot of warning of when one becomes the other. Let me know what area you're staying at and I can tell you what's no good, unless you want to buy hard drugs or just want beef

I had to cancel Punta Cana due to my graduation.
So another trip is pending.

I’m going back to Jamaica in July.

I was just thinking about this last night.

Somewhere where there's plenty of sunshine.

I want to visit the islands. Pretty much all the warm and tropical places of the globe. Mingle with the people a little and basically just lounge in a hammock all day with someone special.

Just got back from Orlando

Houston for memorial day for a wedding (maybe)

Fam reunion in Norfolk in July

Cruise hopefully later in the year

Did any of you that mentioned skiing/snowboarding in Colorado go yet??

Not sure. Will probably be one of those all inclusive trips where alcohol is covered. Not sure how many days tho.

Back