Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

Anyone have any pointers on which ETF to invest into?

Depends on the risk and growth your looking for.

I dump alot of money in SWPPX, its a mutual fund which tracks the S and P 500. The whole economy will have to crash for that to crash, and even if it does, it will always recover. the s+p historically has a growth rate of 10% per year on average. So you can expect that from swppx, give or take a percentage.

But that there is a low risk, long term investment.

You might say you need 15% growth, or 20% growth. If so, you can look at etfs and mutual funds that track top tech companies, or the 20 largest companies in the country. You can get more growth that way, but with less conpanies in the ETF, each company is weighed more so if Apple takes a huge L for example, that will hurt your fund alot more in a tech heavy etf vs a s+p tracking etf.

You might also think like EVs have crazy growth potential and look for an ETF that tracks them

Depends on the risk and growth your looking for.

I dump alot of money in SWPPX, its a mutual fund which tracks the S and P 500. The whole economy will have to crash for that to crash, and even if it does, it will always recover. the s+p historically has a growth rate of 10% per year on average. So you can expect that from swppx, give or take a percentage.

But that there is a low risk, long term investment.

You might say you need 15% growth, or 20% growth. If so, you can look at etfs and mutual funds that track top tech companies, or the 20 largest companies in the country. You can get more growth that way, but with less conpanies in the ETF, each company is weighed more so if Apple takes a huge L for example, that will hurt your fund alot more in a tech heavy etf vs a s+p tracking etf.

You might also think like EVs have crazy growth potential and look for an ETF that tracks them
I have a g I want to invest so I'm trying to find a good ETF. I'll look into the SWPPPX. I open up an acct with TD so we shall see how it goes

I think it's going to be some "health care wars" with all of the vaccine news and the markets are about to profit from it.

If it raises the markets I'm all for it!!!

Would y'all recommend buying American Airlines now??
TBH before I'd buy any travel stocks I'd have to see some forward movement in eradicating COVID. With the way everything is going business travel is going to decrease dramatically, especially with stay at home work meeting apps like Zoom and MS Teams taking over, even after COVID is out the way. Personal travel will take a hit with the two-week quarantines at most destinations as well in my opinion...

If you have to get a travel stock I'd run with Delta/Alaska Air OR get Boeing since these airlines and these defense companies have to get their planes from somewhere

"Landcadia Holdings II (NASDAQ:LCA) now expects to close its merger with Golden Nugget Online Gaming by the end of November."

I hope it goes through this time and they dont have another reason to delay.

At this point, ofcourse Im looking for a big win, but im more concerned with getting the money I have tied up in LCA up. Originally the merger was gonna be around mid October, which meant I would have gotten that money back and made a second investment by now.

"Landcadia Holdings II (NASDAQ:LCA) now expects to close its merger with Golden Nugget Online Gaming by the end of November."

I hope it goes through this time and they dont have another reason to delay.

At this point, ofcourse Im looking for a big win, but im more concerned with getting the money I have tied up in LCA up. Originally the merger was gonna be around mid October, which meant I would have gotten that money back and made a second investment by now.
I’ve still held onto LCA after it’s been going up and down for so long. I forgot about it lowkey until you posted this.

The same. I have a couple of shares of LCA and held onto it to see how it would do after the merger

LCA to me is a good long term investment too. If you saw draftkings did since its merger, I think LCA can do that and more.

Im guessing is goes up to like 22 to 25 right when it merges, then go back down, but in a year get back to that and keep going.

For me im selling when it merges though

Last edited:
Back