Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

U know what I get it

Stop loss protects a certain amount of profit

If tesla was to crash all the way down to say $100 u would be out a lot of money. A stop loss locks in a certain amount of profit no matter how big the drop.

Once I put it into practice I'll get it

Lmao. I typed all this shit before I saw this.

But yes.

All that said, tesla doesnt follow conventional market logic. So it doesnt make sense trying to apply conventional knowledge to it.

Thats why im gonna keep buying and hoping for a minimum of +200% in 2021. Hoping to see another +500% year.

With that said, still protecting my gains with the stop order

Nah I need the shit spelled out lol and others can learn from your post

As always, much appreciated ?

Might as well put my stop order in now for Monday

Just becareful cause tesla can dip $50 for no reason on a random ass day. So place your stop order accordingly.

The app I use lets me create stop orders that last 90 days. Idk what app you use, but theres gotta be some feature like that. Typical stop orders expire in a day. Cant put a stop order daily. Too much hassle.

Just becareful cause tesla can dip $50 for no reason on a random ass day. So place your stop order accordingly.

The app I use lets me create stop orders that last 90 days. Idk what app you use, but theres gotta be some feature like that. Typical stop orders expire in a day. Cant put a stop order daily. Too much hassle.
I'm on robinhood they give u the good til market close option or the 90 day. Just set mine.

Question on the stop orders

Let’s say a stock in my portfolio is valued at $100, and I set a stop order for $80. Something disastrous happens and it drops all the way down to $56 instantly. Is my shit gonna sell at $56 or not sell at all?

This is kinda macabre but I had a random thought... what yall think of investing in companies that work in cold storage and medical grade cooling etc?

I was just thinking with all of this talk of the covid vaccine and how they need to be kept at a real low temperature maybe that might be something worth looking into??

This is kinda macabre but I had a random thought... what yall think of investing in companies that work in cold storage and medical grade cooling etc?

I was just thinking with all of this talk of the covid vaccine and how they need to be kept at a real low temperature maybe that might be something worth looking into??

Yea I asked about this in the covid thread, wondering who making the fridges

Dry Ice companies are making bank too apparently. Ima do some more research before pulling the trigger on anything tho

Question on the stop orders

Let’s say a stock in my portfolio is valued at $100, and I set a stop order for $80. Something disastrous happens and it drops all the way down to $56 instantly. Is my shit gonna sell at $56 or not sell at all?

The stock marketplace is literally a marketplace. When you sell your stocks, its cause someone is buying them.

That buyer could be another trader like us, the app you trade through probably buys and holds a ton of stock so it could be them, a big firm, etc. You get the idea.

So when you set a stop order for $80, soon as the stock hits $80, your shit goes on sale. Now you just gotta hope your shit sells at $80.

The most likely outcome is that some mfer out there has a purchase order set at $80 or below, and hes gonna buy your sale at $80 and be mad as fuck when that shit hits $56.

All that to say, theres a very small chance that you can set a stop order, and your shit wont sell at that price. Thats never happened to me though. My shit usually always sells at the price I set, give or take a percentage or two

This a dope fucking question man. Im not in the covid vaccine game so I didnt even consider how deep the shit might go.

All I can say is that in about 10 months, all these vaccines gonna be out and distributed, so this would be like a 6-8 month hold for me, if that.

Back